GUIDE PROBLEM

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If you have any SWM LNB the guide data comes from the 101 satellite. If you have a non-SWM LNB, the guide data comes from 101 if you are tuned to a channel on 99/101, and from 119 if you are tuned to a channel on 103/119.
Jimbo is correct though, the worst thing you can do is keep resetting the receiver, because it will start populating the guide from the beginning again.
If things still don't seem to be working correctly, do a double reboot to clear the guide and then refresh it. Use the red button to reboot the DVR, then when the DVR finishes rebooting and returns to display TV, reboot the DVR again.

If you have a non-SWM LNB, the guide data comes from 101 if you are tuned to a channel on 99/101, and from 119 if you are tuned to a channel on 103/119.

However IIRC, if you are running a non-SWM LNB thru an (external) SWM switch, then doesn't the data always come from 101, regardless of which channel (any) receiver is tuned to?

Yes, because an external SWM switch essentially converts the dish to an SWM one.

After following texasbrits fix the guide seems to be repopulating. Allowing the reset cycle to run out to the end seems to have solved the guide programming issue. FYI, Directv never did call me back to set up a service call.

I have a different kind of issue I am watching through a C61K and between channel 270 and 271 there is a banner adver FULLSCREEN and when you try to move up the guide it does not follow on the heading and try to select on the remote no effect and will go blank...

I have a different kind of issue I am watching through a C61K and between channel 270 and 271 there is a banner adver FULLSCREEN and when you try to move up the guide it does not follow on the heading and try to select on the remote no effect and will go blank...

Have you tried rebooting the Genie server?

Are you saying when you get to that spot on the guide, it won't let you pass it ?
If so, I just tried it and had no issues continuing thru the guide.
if your referring to actually clicking on the Fullscreen banner, I didn't try that.

Are you saying when you get to that spot on the guide, it won't let you pass it ?
If so, I just tried it and had no issues continuing thru the guide.
if your referring to actually clicking on the Fullscreen banner, I didn't try that.
it is the Fullscreen banner between 270 and 271

I don't have that banner.
Fullscreen is a new streaming app.

I have it on my HR44. The fullscreen is an advertisement. When I click on it, it goes to a video advertisement. It's actually channel 9981.
Edit: I watched the advert, it's only a minute. Then the banner disappeared from my guide.

I have it on my HR44. The fullscreen is an advertisement. When I click on it, it goes to a video advertisement. It's actually channel 9981.
Edit: I watched the advert, it's only a minute. Then the banner disappeared from my guide.
It didn't d/l anything did it ?

Between 311 and 312 on my HR44 also. Clicked on it, it ran a short video ad for the Fullscreen service. Then asked me if I wanted to delete the recording. I said yes, and the banner diappeared from the guide.

Reactions: raoul5788
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)