Guide problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

penguinmike87

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 22, 2006
The last few days, our guide is only going out a few days. The message on screen says it is trying to update it in the next 24 hours. Any ideas what might be causing this? Is D* having a problem? Does the guide come in on the same satellite as the local channels, which we only receive spradically due to tree interference?

On a separate issue, CMT is not coming in at all. Is anyone else having this problem? That seems to be the only channel not coming in, other than the locals intermittently.

The guide data is on 101, afaik, all standard receivers (i.e. D10, D11) get ~3 days of guide data, so if you have a standard receiver and since you state that you are only getting in a 'few days', that is normal, you can see this information yourself by going into Menu->Settings->Setup->Select Info & Test, scroll down to "Advanced Program Guide:" and see what it says, mine says "Yes, up to 3 days".

If you have a D* DVR, than you may have an issue, as I beleive they get a guide that goes out farther, in that case, I'd suggest a cold boot/reset on the receiver, also, check your signal levels on the 101.

Last edited:
penguinmike87 said:
The last few days, our guide is only going out a few days. The message on screen says it is trying to update it in the next 24 hours.

Well, this specific point indicates you have a D-Tivo - it would REALLY, REALLY help us help YOU if you told us what receivers you did have, as well as what locals you have. ;) ;)

I recently had 2 customers that had tree problems on the 101 bird. Both the 3 day guide AND the 14 day one on the DVR units are considered part of the "advanced prog guide" data stream, and as such, if you are having signal problems on the main bird, it will cause your APG to get corrupted & not download properly. You will need to make sure you are getting good signals on the 101 bird first, THEN you will probably need to reboot your D-Tivo, which will make it start to reload a fresh guide & should get it completely updated in a day or two. If you don't fix your signal problems, you will always have problems getting an accurate guide downloaded.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts