Status
Please reply by conversation.

jessshaun

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 28, 2006
Robinson, Illinois, United States
Anyone else having problems tonight?

We just had our screen go blank for about a second while watching HGTVHD, then the channel name, logo, and channel number came up, showing "to be announced", and we lost all guide data, and the receiver became VERY VERY sluggish.

I'm in the middle of an RBR right now, but wanted to know if anyone else was experiencing the same thing.

oh BTW, we have an HR21-700

Same here.. Plus I can't play any of my recorded shows.. Restarting my DVR now to see if it fixes the problem..

Restart has brought back the guide data, and I can play my recorded shows again... But the guide, menus, info, all are much slower then normal..

the HDtivo lost all 120+ SP, they better be there when guide data comes back!

and it really sucks HR20 cant watch programs without a signal

Yep... I was fortunate the last few times as these nationwide things don't seem to affect me. This time I had the same issue as everyone else.

My H23-600 doing the same thing...
reset the H23 twice, guide works for a few minutes, then guide says "to be announced" on every channel :mad:

My other HD IRD's, an H21-100, and a H21-200, guides working fine on both :confused:

Is this just a problem with certain IRD's?

Was on hold with customer service for 25 minutes before being disconnected :mad: then came here to see if anyone else was having problems.

Bad thing is the H23 is in my living room on my 50" Plasma, I moved one of the H21's from the living room when I got the H23 because I thought the newer IRD would be better, if this isn't fixed soon I'll move a H21 back to the living room.

Same problem here. A reboot brought the guide back,but all of my pending recordings are gone. I am hoping that they start to show up again in a few hours, or at least by the morning.

Same problem here. A reboot brought the guide back,but all of my pending recordings are gone. I am hoping that they start to show up again in a few hours, or at least by the morning.
Reboot worked for me too. If you look at your to do list it will not show anything upcoming. When you go to add a recording it states that you already have it set and ask to record as is. This tells me the future recordings are not lost, just that the to do list needs to be updated.

Reboot worked for me too. If you look at your to do list it will not show anything upcoming. When you go to add a recording it states that you already have it set and ask to record as is. This tells me the future recordings are not lost, just that the to do list needs to be updated.

Ditto. Guide was slow to respond at first but seems fine now.

Same thing here near Yosemite CA. Was watching a recorded show and the screen went blank. No reaction to any remote buttons except to turn it off. When I turned it back on I noticed all the "to be announced" info in the guide but was able to watch the rest of the recorded show. Will wait for a while to see if the guide come back on its own because I don't want to take the chance of losing the prioritizer stuff like some have mentioned.

my dvr is now a time machine....I wish it was really 7/14...gonna try to do a reset...

I finally got through to DirecTV when I called the extended support number, the regular numbers don't even work at all now.

I was told this by the CSR at Tech support, take it for what it is worth:

They are aware of the problem, it is only affecting certain IRD's, The phone lines are swamped right now, the engineers are working on it, DirecTV is trying to send updates to the affected IRD's to fix the problems, wait until Sunday to call back if the guide is still messed up...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)