Status
Please reply by conversation.

dodger72

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jun 17, 2009
Anderson, California, United States
on my hr 24 a lot of the channels say to be announce even for the current time. my h 24 has all of the guiide data. do i have to turn the box off at night to get the full guide download?

on my hr 24 a lot of the channels say to be announce even for the current time. my h 24 has all of the guiide data. do i have to turn the box off at night to get the full guide download?

You can try doing forced download.
Hit the red button and on the hello screen type 0 2 4 6 8

This will update all software and take care of the reboot at the same time.

If this does not work, see if it fixes itself by tomorrow.
If not, call D*

Turning off the box will make no difference. Is the HR24 a new install? If so, it takes a while to propagate the guide. If not, try a reboot like kjlued suggested. If that doesn't work, patience should.

I have seen some of the 24 series receivers for some unknown reason skip the guide loading segment of the activation process. I force a download on all out of the box receivers during an install....and this occurs even with that. When this happens not only will the guide not be filled out for the short term but often get "channel not available" on some channels and often on locals. Resending authorization cures it for me. I'd guess this is a new install and the tech did not check things out well enough before turning it over to you.

You can also do two restarts within a 30 minute period to flush the guide data and force it to rebuild it.
It will take some time for the guide to be repopulated.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)