Guitar Hero 4 will feature Def Leppard

I would bet you will see it GH4. IMO They rushed GH3 to get it out in the market to fend off the Rockband debut... and now they have a larger audience with Next Gen consoles and DLC is mainstream and a proven cash cow.

No knock on Def Leppard, but if they put on some Van Halen then I'd be psyched, and not one of their weak covers. Put on an original like Panama or Top Jimmy or Eruption.

They are coming out with a Guitar Hero: Aerosmith which will have Def Leopard on it, but it isn't based on just them.

I'm on the fence as to which one is better. I still play both.

I gave rock band a chance but I still like Guitar Hero better... I think rock band needs to have a wider selection of songs not featured in GH II / III... it just feels like a knock off since most of the songs are the same

I gave rock band a chance but I still like Guitar Hero better... I think rock band needs to have a wider selection of songs not featured in GH II / III... it just feels like a knock off since most of the songs are the same

Now that my friends and I have played so much Rock Band, it feels kinda empty when we're hanging out and fire up Guitar Hero 3. A song comes on that is in Rock Band, and it's kinda like 'wow, shouldn't the rest of you be doing something?'

To call Rock Band a knock off... heh... well EA has trademarked Drum Hero, and other similar names to emulate the Rock Band instruments.... here come the knock offs. Not to mention Rock Band is by the creators of GHI and II.

If an actual comparison was done, I'd suspect that there are more songs that are different, than they have in common.

Anyone else stop caring about the GH franchise now that Rock Band is here?

GH is a much better guitar experience in my opinion. RB is better in terms of accessibility and variety, but if you don't care about drumming or singing, GH serves fine. Anyone who buys RB just to do guitar stuff is somewhat foolish in my opinion.

Also I think that the song set for GH3 is far superior to RB. Also it came with more songs out of the box, as well as more free DLC.

I also find the guitar from RB to just be deplorable. Its big and bulky and feels like a toy. The buttons aren't very stiff, and the "pick" feels to soft. I strum and I feel like its broken and won't register. That's just me.

I own both games with all the instruments and I find both to be very enjoyable. Both have their pluses and minuses, but there is no clear winner, and I think that both will still do fine down the road.

I admittedly did not buy GH3... but that's because we have Rock Band. My friends and I play it whenever we're together, and my wife and I play it together. We have GH2... and didn't want more of the same. My friends that have bought GH3 played through it more for achievement reasons I guess than anything else.

We're completely in agreement with the Rock Band guitar, and it's a shame that EA won't let Harmonix patch Rock Band to allow for the GH guitar to work with it on the PS3.

I use my GH2 axe to play RB... but played so much GH2 that I don't even like to play guitar all that much.... which is why my opinion is slanted as such.

Giving it a rest unless any would like to continue the debate... leaving the rest alone because they're subjective, will agree to disagree on content and delivery methods (RB focused on DLC, GH focused on new editions).

I admittedly did not buy GH3... but that's because we have Rock Band. My friends and I play it whenever we're together, and my wife and I play it together. We have GH2... and didn't want more of the same. My friends that have bought GH3 played through it more for achievement reasons I guess than anything else.

We're completely in agreement with the Rock Band guitar, and it's a shame that EA won't let Harmonix patch Rock Band to allow for the GH guitar to work with it on the PS3.

I use my GH2 axe to play RB... but played so much GH2 that I don't even like to play guitar all that much.... which is why my opinion is slanted as such.

Giving it a rest unless any would like to continue the debate... leaving the rest alone because they're subjective, will agree to disagree on content and delivery methods (RB focused on DLC, GH focused on new editions).
You sure they're not playing GH3 because they actually like it? :idea:

I was a huge guitar hero fan until rockband came out. I never thought I would say this, but I am not buying the next guitar hero. Counting all of the dlc, there are currently 143 songs, and they just announced there first full album dlc for next week. I agree the strat sucks, but imo rb beats gh hands down.

I was a huge guitar hero fan until rockband came out. I never thought I would say this, but I am not buying the next guitar hero. Counting all of the dlc, there are currently 143 songs, and they just announced there first full album dlc for next week. I agree the strat sucks, but imo rb beats gh hands down.
Being a big Aerosmith fan I'm looking forward to that game, but I worry about the setlist. There are some songs that I REALLY want to be on there, and most of the stuff I like more is the late 80's, early 90's stuff like Permanent Vacation, Pump, Get a Grip (one of the best albums ever IMGO.) I don't dislike their older stuff, but I really hope they have stuff like Livin on the Edge, Cryin, Janie's Got a Gun, Gotta Love it, Hole in my soul.. etc. Hopefully they'll release that soon, and don't focus too much on the cover bands.

Being a big Aerosmith fan I'm looking forward to that game, but I worry about the setlist. There are some songs that I REALLY want to be on there, and most of the stuff I like more is the late 80's, early 90's stuff like Permanent Vacation, Pump, Get a Grip (one of the best albums ever IMGO.) I don't dislike their older stuff, but I really hope they have stuff like Livin on the Edge, Cryin, Janie's Got a Gun, Gotta Love it, Hole in my soul.. etc. Hopefully they'll release that soon, and don't focus too much on the cover bands.

I think Get A Grip is their best album ever too and I have almost all their albums.

I just purchased Rockband this past weekend, I have had GH3 for a couple months now. I have to say that in my opinion the Les Paul GH3 controller is far and away better than the Strat from Rockband. In terms of songs that come with the game, I actually prefer the GH3 setlist. But the DLC is where Rockband shines supreme. I don't really understand the thought process behind not releasing the patch for the GH3 controller. Nyko just released the Front Man wireless guitar for PS3 that will play on both games in the past couple of weeks. Now a gamer can buy the Nyko, and both games and play to his/her hearts content. Seems like they would be better off touting the guitar as the best and letting gamers pick the guitar they way to play. Up until recently, PS3 gamers didn't have much of a choice, but that has changed now.
I think there is a place for both games.

I just purchased Rockband this past weekend, I have had GH3 for a couple months now. I have to say that in my opinion the Les Paul GH3 controller is far and away better than the Strat from Rockband. In terms of songs that come with the game, I actually prefer the GH3 setlist. But the DLC is where Rockband shines supreme. I don't really understand the thought process behind not releasing the patch for the GH3 controller. Nyko just released the Front Man wireless guitar for PS3 that will play on both games in the past couple of weeks. Now a gamer can buy the Nyko, and both games and play to his/her hearts content. Seems like they would be better off touting the guitar as the best and letting gamers pick the guitar they way to play. Up until recently, PS3 gamers didn't have much of a choice, but that has changed now.
I think there is a place for both games.

Activision wanted Harmonix to license the use of their guitar. Harmonix called them retarded. As a result, Sony won't push the patch live because of the dispute.

For the 360, we enjoy using the GH guitar far more than the RB guitar. There may be initial benefits in the setlists (opinion) but Rock Band has earned the loyalty of my friends and I for taking this genre to the next level, will take more than a copycat game to get us back into a * Hero title.

dont24, looks like you got your wish

I was browsing the Playstation Store last night for some rockband tunes and noticed they released a Def Leppard Pack (DLC) for GH3. I didn't download it yet, but good to see they still have a pulse of there at Activision.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts