Guys some shopping advice you need to read

Status
Not open for further replies.

Van

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jul 8, 2004
Virginia Beach
Ok this isn't just for the guys so make sure you pass this on to your wife or girl friend or whom ever or what ever floats your boat. I know most of us guys will drink what ever liquid beverage there is in the fridge out of the bottle or carton but before you do that you might want to wash down the container with a solution of water with a bit of bleach in it. My reason for saying this is that I currently work in the dairy department of walmart as an over night stocker and some of the milk jugs that come in regardless of size have had what could be anything from mud to grease to grime or worse on them. Ofcourse we clean them off but I have also noticed that some of the vendor items such as Pet and Marva Maid have had similar issues including their jugs of sugar water juice and tea's having dried juice/tea residue all over them. Further I have noticed from time to time as I'm filling the shelves that some of the carton juices have a slight mildew smell to them. On top of this there is also the contamination that takes place prior to the products arrival whether its at the warehouse or in transit and when it gets here that happens when a wrapped shipping pallet crashes over and one or more case is damaged and its contents spill over others.

So as a rule of thumb wash all beverage containers whether they require refrigeration before opening or not, this will minimize the potential to contract any surface to skin illnesses. And be sure to do this with your dairy products such as milk, the pallets these come in on have the worst smell to them that I compare to a cross between cat pee and bile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)