H&i OTA lost due to FCC repack

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
In the spirit of full disclosure you can read my signature below for a list of hardware I'm using. When it comes to TV antennas, bigger is better and a mast-mount pre-amp is a big plus. I recently rescanned and locked 73 channels off the antenna.

View attachment 134065

That’s HUGE!

The problem is the bigger the antenna the more directional it seems to be.

But if it works, it works.

Reactions: CyberSpock
Just to follow up. Back after a 2 week vacation, I can now check the results.

For the time being, WFMZ is still carrying H&I on 69-03. It resides in the new 69-03 slot that was the duplicate. The original 69-03 and 69-04 are gone.

As long as H&I remains here I won't have to change rooftop antennas.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Also I noticed that 69.03 isnt officially listed as one of their subchannels. So the fact that they are still providing H&I on this subchannel may be temporary.

WFMZ-TV - Wikipedia

For the record, I don't like the way that Dish manages locals. A simple declaration that one isnt receivable from their house should enough for Dish to provide it. This package nonsense needs to end.

OTA channels must be negotiated by the station and Dish before they can be carried, has NOTHING to do with whether any viewer can receive the channel.

Without an agreement by both sides - no coverage - period.

In this day and age you should be able to ask Alexa to display any channel by giving it the call letters. You can already do this with most radio stations. What's the hold up with television that it's so hard to do this even using satellite distribution like dish? There's too much regulation. You should be able to receive what you want to receive.

Reactions: pattykay
Also I noticed that 69.03 isnt officially listed as one of their subchannels. So the fact that they are still providing H&I on this subchannel may be temporary.

WFMZ-TV - Wikipedia

For the record, I don't like the way that Dish manages locals. A simple declaration that one isnt receivable from their house should enough for Dish to provide it. This package nonsense needs to end.

Yea, no one would take advantage of that. :p

Yea, no one would take advantage of that. :p
That's funny but seriously, if you are within a stations broadcast radius with a good antenna, that should be the only factor in deciding coverage. I guess I'm just a simpleton though.

That's funny but seriously, if you are within a stations broadcast radius with a good antenna, that should be the only factor in deciding coverage. I guess I'm just a simpleton though.

Don't forget terrain. That has a huge impact on reception. Also, define "good" antenna. Depending on where you are, a paperclip can work as an antenna. Or you need a $100 exterior mounted antenna on a rotator.

Don't forget terrain. That has a huge impact on reception. Also, define "good" antenna. Depending on where you are, a paperclip can work as an antenna. Or you need a $100 exterior mounted antenna on a rotator.
I knew the antenna was a variable when I typed it. How about using a coverage map? Here is one, but some bureaucrat made an official one somewhere. Why not just use those?

WFMZ-TV Station Information | ALLENTOWN, PA

I knew the antenna was a variable when I typed it. How about using a coverage map? Here is one, but some bureaucrat made an official one somewhere. Why not just use those?

WFMZ-TV Station Information | ALLENTOWN, PA

These coverage maps aren't exact. Again, depending on terrain, you can be inside the coverage area, but not get a signal. Likewise, you could be outside the area with an excellent antenna (or high) and pick it up.

Now, if everyone would agree (they won't), you might be able to use a chart like tvfool.com puts out. There's at least a dbm readout. Maybe a line can be set (ie: if the dbm is below -100dbm at the service address, you qualify for free locals). I don't know what that reading would be though. I just looked up my address and the ABC, FOX, and PBS aren't even listed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)