H10 OTA After Disable

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mcbeevee

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 28, 2004
Has anyone been able to keep the OTA tuner active on the H10 after disabling it? The OTA worked on mine for about 12 hours after disabling, then stopped. It just displays "Searching for satellite" and will not let me change the channel. :(

mcbeevee said:
Has anyone been able to keep the OTA tuner active on the H10 after disabling it? The OTA worked on mine for about 12 hours after disabling, then stopped. It just displays "Searching for satellite" and will not let me change the channel. :(
Never tried it, try disconnecting the sat feed altogether and reboot it and see what happens. It might work, might not, but it's worth a shot.

Jimbo

My H10 worked the last time that I plugged it in about a month ago. When I tried last week, it did the same thing to me. I even tried to hook up the satellite just to get past that screen, to no avail.

code4code5 said:
My H10 worked the last time that I plugged it in about a month ago. When I tried last week, it did the same thing to me. I even tried to hook up the satellite just to get past that screen, to no avail.
Hmmm,
I guess D* is getting picky now, I have seen this with other receivers (newer) getting the OTA shut off as well, I know for a fact that the OLDER units still allow OTA use.

I wonder if you called D* and told them that , that is all you need that receiver to do (and have other receivers active, of course) if they would allow it, they'd probably want to charge you a $5 fee for some stupid reason........

Jimbo

Oh well, I guess I will need to use my old Sammy TS-360 for OTA channels until the OTA tuner in the HR20 gets activated. :usa

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts