H10 problem...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

2phast

Original poster
Sep 22, 2005
H10 works during the day - not at night?

had it installed about two weeks ago and everything was fine until this past Sunday evening. i unplugged the receiver and TV when untangling some cords and then plugged everything back in.

after turning the TV/STB on, i had no picture, just a message saying, "searching for satellites - 0% complete". after speaking with D* for about an hour and trying every trick in the book, i made an appt for a service call and hung up. well, i tried rebooting one more time and bam! it worked.

next morning turned her on, then same problem, no picture, searching for satellite. got home that evening, same problem. the next morning, everthing worked again, no problem, crstal clear picture - that evening... nothing, again searching for satellite. granted, there was not signal strength during these phases of searching for satellite.

well, the techs came out yesterday morning and of course, everything worked. they checked the connections, etc. and said it had to be the box. i got home last night and like clock work, no picture, searching for satellite, no signal strength, etc.

of course, this morning it works. WTF??!!! i have a new STB coming from D*, but has anyone experienced this before - could it be the set-up or does it definitely sound like a bad STB???? it seems odd that it works during the day and not at night....

Sounds like it is the typical failing LNB problem. Do you have any other receiver to compare at the same time? If the problem shows up on your other receivers at the same time, then its an LNB problem. If its isolated with the H10, then obviously, it is a bad STB.

Sometimes the LNBs get shorted and fried if you disconnect and reconnect the coax cables without unplugging the power on the STB. Most installers know to avoid this, but most customers don't.

I had a similar problem and I had to replace my LNBs. Everything has worked flawless since.

ya, it seems that's the general consensus or it's the multiswitch. the installer is coming tomorrow or today, hopefully, to check it out. regardless, it should be fixed this time around, considering it will be their third time out.

it's too bad the installers and CSR are not as knowledgeable about these issues as the people on this and other forums. if they were, this would have been fixed several days ago, eliminating numerous hours of my time on the phone and at home sitting waiting for these guys to come.

thanks for your help!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts