SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 12, 2005
Hartford Connecticut
From DBSTalk.Com

LE Risks and Guidelines
How to Force Download an LE Release

Be sure to monitor the Living on the Edge forum HERE at Satellite Guys for changes in probability and go status!

H20-100 {CE:08:05} 0x2030 Announcement
Systems in this CE / Version
H20-100 {CE:08:05} - 0x2030

Window of opportunity to download:
Friday; August 31, 2007 11PM - 2:30AM ET
Saturday; September 1, 2007 11PM - 2:30AM ET
Current Probability: 85%
Be sure to monitor the threads and chat room to check on final availability

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Contents of the Release: (Differences based of Last National Release)
  • Items from CE:08:01
  • Items from CE:08:02
  • Items from CE:08:03
  • Items from CE:08:04
  • Items from CE:08:05

Improved
  • Stability
  • Guide speed performance
  • XM Channel Lockup (fixed)
  • UI Polishing
  • Software Version / Date in UI display corrected
  • ATSC Signal Meter
  • HDMI compatibility for HDCP On-Screen-Displays
  • Additional UI Polishing
  • Stability for Interactive applications

Updated
  • ATSC guide retention
  • Resolution LED on after software download
  • Channel change no longer flashes the background

New feature(s)
  • SWM Support enabled
  • INFO hold -> Jump to System Information Screen
  • Additional key presses on remote, will bring system out of standby
  • Program Guide now displays more then 4 characters of channel short name
  • One Button Guide Toggle
  • Option to hide SD channels if HD is available

Notes
  • N/A

does this mean that with this upgrade if i press channel 206 it'll take me automatically to the HD version of ESPN instead of the SD version?
i love this feature on the dish hd box, it makes is so much easier, less channel to remember.

It does that on HR20's for locals and RSN's. However, ESPN and ESPN HD are separate channel numbers. When all the new HD channels come out and align with the SD channel versions I am sure it will do that.

No mention of VOD... So we (HR20-100 users) don't get VOD with this update?

I've already got the Engineering Charge entry on my online bill...

No HR20-100 CE this weekend. I also dont expect to see more activation of VOD for a while. The backlash and activation was pretty nasty over the past week. And given that only Earl knows, I wouldnt expect more VOD backdoors for a bit. That does not mean forever, but dont hold your breath.

My mistake. In my eagerness I missed the fact that this thread was for H20-100 and not HR20-100.

Bummer about the VOD.

What was the backlash that occured with it's rollout for -700? The messages I've seen didn't seem to characterize it as being that poorly implemented...just lacking a bit on the content...which seems like an obvious situation for a new (and still beta) rollout.

What happened is folks that downloaded 0x190 for the -700 were given the code to use to activate it on the receiver Sunday. Hundreds of folks did that but VOD did not show. Come to find out, all of us need to have that engineering code on our Directv bill/account or it would not work. Wednesday is when things finally tipping from more nots to more cans. In between that time, folks got nasty blaming individuals, conspiracy theories emerged and even nasty PM's to certain individuals. In the end it was Directv that had a flaw on their end that did not put the engineering account on the accounts despite folks following all the directions.

Thanks.

I guess that's why the "bleeding edge" can be the result of living on the "cutting edge".

I'll just try and be patient. :(

I assume I already have the Engineering Charge on my bill as I've already activated the networking on the DVR...which it sounds like people should have done prior to getting the -700 update, so that everything was ready.

Just got the upgrade, first one I've ever done, does anyone know how to use the "Option to hide SD channels if HD is available" option? I don't see it anywhere but I'm probably not looking in the right place.

Just got the upgrade, first one I've ever done, does anyone know how to use the "Option to hide SD channels if HD is available" option? I don't see it anywhere but I'm probably not looking in the right place.
go to menu and go to display and scroll down on the first page you'll see the option.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)