HR20-100 0x18a recording issue

cmeans

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 14, 2007
Chicago, IL
Our Series Link for Numb3rs HD didn't record last night at 9pm Central.

The History list shows "Cancelled", and the details say:

"This episode was partially recorded because of an unexpected error. (3)"

It did not keep whatever it did record, as there's nothing in the playlist.

What does error #3 mean?

We've also noticed that the sound seems to give a small echo on shows recently. (No bad weather at the time of the recording as far as we know.)

-Chris

Our Series Link for Numb3rs HD didn't record last night at 9pm Central.

The History list shows "Cancelled", and the details say:

"This episode was partially recorded because of an unexpected error. (3)"

It did not keep whatever it did record, as there's nothing in the playlist.

What does error #3 mean?

We've also noticed that the sound seems to give a small echo on shows recently. (No bad weather at the time of the recording as far as we know.)

-Chris

I've had some serious issues since the last upgrade on my HR20-100.

I lost ALL my recorded shows, gone for good, and now the stupid box resets itself whenever it wants.

If I had to guess, you lost your series record because the damned box decided it needed to reset itself.

I just happened to catch mine as I was walking by my Bedroom, saw the lights flashing like it was reset. Sure enough, no one was home, and in the early evening (5ish) it did it's thing.

I wish I could roll back the update, this one sucks for me on my -100, to -700 has had no problem with it, runs great.

I'm certainly sorry to hear about your problems with the upgrade.

It wasn't until I read some of the threads on DBSTalk that I realized how many problems some people had experienced.

So far, most of the issues I've encountered have been relatively minor.

We were using the DVR last night, so I know it didn't reset...seems like it just had some sort of a hiccup. Fortunately, Numb3rs is still in repeats, so we weren't too upset.... We'll definately be much more unhappy if this occurs once the fall season starts...but I'm hoping to be off beta code by then.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)