H20-100 Needs a New Update

fantinocsny

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
Syracuse, NY
Does anyone know when or if there will be an update to the H20-100

It needs a one button guide option

It also Needs an option to hide sd channels if they also have an hd channel.

Right now if you type in 202, or any other new high def channel, it goes the sd version of that channel, the hr20 goes to the high def version instead.

This is very annoying and it needs to be fixed

well, with the newest CE, there is the one button guide, and there is also supposed to be the feature to hide the sd channels if there is an hd channel available, but it's not working properly with the h20's yet, hopefully a software update fixes that issue. however i double we'll be seeing a software update until probably next week sometime, but you never know, maybe even this weekend, just have to wait and see.

edit:
just checked dbstalk.com and earl is saying that we should get a CE this weekend and it's a 60% chance, keep your finger crossed.

Last edited:
well, with the newest CE, there is the one button guide, and there is also supposed to be the feature to hide the sd channels if there is an hd channel available, but it's not working properly with the h20's yet...

It works correctly ( I think) on my H20-100. As soon as I selected to hide the SD channels, they no longer showed when I setup my Favorites. This features does not hide existing SD channels in the guide.

It works correctly ( I think) on my H20-100. As soon as I selected to hide the SD channels, they no longer showed when I setup my Favorites. This features does not hide existing SD channels in the guide.

i'm sorry, the fact that the hide sd duplicates not working was posted by several people here, but when i got home last night, i tested it and it is working properly, very nice feature on the h20-100

any idea on the next CE date(s) for h20-100? Need it BIG TIME! 0x2021 sucks.

when you reset your recvr and it gets to the hello screen imput 02468 don't press enter this will force a download

you won't be able to update to the latest CE right now, if you do try to upgrade, it will get you back to the latest national release, and you don't want to do that. just wait for a new CE, no idea when it will be released.

new CE for H20-100 may fix our problems

Just got a H20-100 CE announcement from DBSTalk.com

Systems in this CE / Version
H20-100 {CE:08:04} - 0x203?

Window of opportunity to download:
Friday; October 5, 2007 11PM - 2:30AM ET
Saturday; October 6, 2007 11PM - 2:30AM ET
Current Probability: 60%
Be sure to monitor the threads and chat room to check on final availability

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
While you are waiting for the Window to open:
MUST READ AND AGREE TO: - The CE Rules, Faq and Tips Thread... Here

Please join "us" in the CHAT room, about 15 minutes before the window opens... and till... well to the last person turns off the lights...
http://chat.dbstalk.com

The Contents of the Release: (Differences based of Last National Release)
  • Items from CE:08:01
  • Items from CE:08:02
  • Items from CE:08:03
  • Items from CE:08:04
Improved
  • Guide speed performance
  • SWM tunning
  • Interactive MLB/NFL channels
  • XM Channel stability
  • System self-diagnostic
  • Search results
  • Game Lounge Performance
Updated
  • ATSC guide
  • Video stability
  • Signal strength meter fixes
New feature(s)
  • SWM Support enabled
  • One Button Guide Toggle
  • INFO hold -> Jump to System Information Screen
  • Additional key presses on remote, will bring system out of standby
  • Program Guide now displays more then 4 characters of channel short name
  • Option to hide SD channels if HD channels are available
Notes
  • Primarily issue fixes, no new featuers expected
Note to other sites and users of those sites:
You are permitted to copy this CE Announcement in it's entirety (including this disclaimer) without modification so long as you provide a clickable link to DBSTalk.com.

DBSTalk.Com

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)