Status
Please reply by conversation.

yourbeliefs

Something Profound
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 20, 2007
Northeast
I have my H20 set to show Native resolutions. Recently it has not been automatically switching like it is supposed to. For example, I'll go from a SD channel to an HD one and the res will be on 480p, or I'll go from a 1080i to a 720p channel (ie TNT to ESPN) and the resolution will not change.

It appears that this primarily happens when I switch programs from the Guide. It doesn't appear to happen when I input the channel manually or go from channel up or down. 95% of the time though I use the guide to switch channels, so this is a bit of an issue. I also don't think that the res is changing because not only does the light on the receiver not indicate what the res should be, but my tv doesn't "flicker" like it normally does for a resolution change.

Does anyone else experience this? Is this the sign of a failing receiver? ...and if it is.. could I use this as a way to get a HR20 at a discount??

I have not checked all of my H-20s , but I am seeing the same thing on 2 of them. I think it may be a glitch in the new firmware.
They released a Firmware update? Is that also why my program guide is so choppy and slow now as well?

I got my firmware upgrade back on Nov 28th. Since that is the only thing that has changed in my setup, I think it may be responsible for the glitch. I didn't even notice the issue until last week.

I got my firmware upgrade back on Nov 28th. Since that is the only thing that has changed in my setup, I think it may be responsible for the glitch. I didn't even notice the issue until last week.

Yeah this is a new thing for me. Have you noticed a slower guide scroll as well, or at least one that isn't as "fluid" for lack of a better term?

If anything, I think the guide is a bit faster. When the H-20 first came out it was painfully slow when compared to earlier models. Then again, I may have just become used to it.

Mine does the same thing. I just change channels by entering the number & it will switch resolution.

It's apparently a bug which showed up in the latest H20-100 firmware release. With native mode on if you select a channel from the guide the resolution won't change from what it is currently set at even if going from hd to sd or sd to hd. It will work properly if you key in the channel number directly or use the channel up and down button. Turn off native mode and just set the resolution to 720 or 1080.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)