H20-600 Died

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

lagman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 7, 2005
My H20-600 has gone into "infinite reboot mode" several times. I would usually just unplug it for a while, then plug it back in and it would boot up normally. The other day when this happened, I plugged it back in and now am not seeing any lights at all. If I look though the top vent I can see a red light on the circuit board, so I know it must be getting power.

I'm hesitant to call D*, since I know it will end with me signing another 2 year contract (or forking out the $$ for a new H20).

Any chance this is fixable?

Thanks,
Dan

My H20-600 has gone into "infinite reboot mode" several times. I would usually just unplug it for a while, then plug it back in and it would boot up normally. The other day when this happened, I plugged it back in and am not seeing any lights at all. If you look though the top vent I can see a red light on the circuit board, so I know it must be getting power.

I'm hesitant to call D*, since I know it will end with me signing another 2 year contract (or forking out the $$ for a new H20).

Any chance this is fixable?

Thanks,
Dan

Directv was exchanging the H20-600 at one time because many of them were defective. Yours may be one of them. There is a way to identify if it is, but I don't know how. Give Directv a call. They may not extend your contract since so many of them went bad. If you do a search here, you will find out more. Good luck!

[strike]if it's faulty disk, try to connect other to eSATA port on back the DVR[/strike]

Oops, sorry, misread the model ...

Last edited:
I called D*.. Told them about the H20-600 problem I was having, and asked if it was covered under the recall. They told me what I was seeing (constant reboots and no lights on the front) had nothing to do with the recall.

They did offer me a free replacement ($20 shipping) if I sign another 2 year contract.. I'll have to decide if I want to be locked down again or not :)

If your H20 is leased (after March 2006 signup I think), then they own it, thus they need to replace it. Typically you can discuss your way out of a contract extension on leased equipment, a leasing model passes a natural liability to ensure the equipment works. That said, their contract probably gives them the ability to charge/re-up, but everything is negotiable.

Replaced No Problem

Mine just did the exact same thing. They are sending me a replacement receiver. They also asked if I had OTA to make sure they sent me a unit that had it. They are sending via FedEx next day air and all of this did not affect my contract.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts