H20-600 has flipped out!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
aristotlewilde said:
This past Sunday, I realized that NONE of my locals, HD or otherwise were showing up on my H20. I solved the issue with a hard reset with a technician over th ephone, but my box has been resetting twice a day. Does anyone have a solution?

*******edit************

Just got off the phone with D*. Apparently a software update is coming in October. $50 credit to shut me up in the meantime.

I cannot believe they actually admitted that this is a known issue...

Solution? Take the box outside and smash it into the road...Okay, I jest, a little....My H20 has been resetting several times a night for the last week or so. It seems to do it only on hd channels. Anyone else have this happen?

D* sent me a replacement when my H20-600 started rebooting about six weeks ago. The replacement was the H20-100 and it has worked perfectly. They charged me 19.95 for shipping with credit back on my bill. Swap it out. It won't heal itself.

H20 blackouts

I have two H20-600s. One (11/05 date code) is doing the reset shuffle about once an hour, the other (2/06) is solid as a rock. D* sent a replacement but it was just as bad as the one I have so I sent it back. It was a refurbished unit with an 11/05 date code. I put in a service call and a tech came and checked the dish and did a re-point--no improvement. I guess it is time to call back and complain some more...

JR:mad:

nokesvillejr said:
I have two H20-600s. One (11/05 date code) is doing the reset shuffle about once an hour, the other (2/06) is solid as a rock. D* sent a replacement but it was just as bad as the one I have so I sent it back. It was a refurbished unit with an 11/05 date code. I put in a service call and a tech came and checked the dish and did a re-point--no improvement. I guess it is time to call back and complain some more...

JR:mad:

For me it was time to send back my H20-600 and go back to using my LG3200a. If they ever get the mpeg4 debacle fixed I MIGHT get another H20 or HR20.

Had to Replace the Box

I just gave up and bought a new H20 from Best Buy, this one with a July '06 date code. Problems are now solved. I called D* and complained that I had to shell out more $$ to solve the problem and they gave me a free NFL SuperFan upgrade. So I guess I am happy for now. Since it runs as hot as the old one, I have a fan trained on the new box to try to keep it cool. Maybe that will help in the long run.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts