H20-600 Problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

code4code5

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 15, 2005
Aurora, CO
I have an H20-600 that has been displaying nasty horizontal lines across the screen. It's bad enough that at any resolution, the quality is unwatchable. Forget HD, it looks like bad SD. It doesn't matter if the signal is coming from the sat or my OTA antenna, which I have diplexed from the attic, and the lines are even present in the guide and menus. I've tried replacing the component cables from the sat to the monitor, even bypassed my receiver to see if that was the problem. And no, my monitor doesn't support HDMI/DVI. It doesn't seem to be the monitor, because the lines aren't present when using its tuner. Is my unit shot? I certainly hope not, because the whole idea of buying early was so that I wouldn't have to lease.

Do you have another tv to hook your H20 up to? If it does it on another TV you can be pretty certain that it's the H20 that's defective.

Doesn't your HDTV also have composite and a s-video jack too? Try those first to see if you can isolate the issue.

Do you have the AT9 dish? You can't use diplexers with the AT9 dish. If you don't have an AT9 dish then try it with another TV to see if the problem still exists. Also try hooking up a DVD player in the same component input you currently have the H20 connected to see if it's something with the input on the TV.

No issues with the DVD player, and I'm on the Phase 3 dish. DVD is using component video as well. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if it was an issue with the coax from the ODU or run length, I would be seeing the same issues on just the antenna, right? To boot, that wouldn't explain the lines present in the guide and menus either, right?

Last edited:
That's what I'm afraid of. i just hooked up my old H10 and there's no problem. Thank you all for your help. I love this place! :D

BTW Thanks, Charper. You've been a help to me before, and I appreciate your positive attitude.

Last edited:
I have had the best customer service experience of my life, thanks to DirecTV. I called them yesterday at about 12:00 noon, mountain time. I explained the situation to a level 1, and after about forty-give seconds, (when he'd realized I'd already tried everything, thanks to you guys,) he transferred me to a level 2. I explained everything to her, and she took care of me. Even though I owned my STB and was well beyond the warranty period, DirecTV said they would send me out a brand new H20. I asked her if it was possible to get the H20-100 instead of the H20-600 that was being replaced. Not a problem. She even waived the shipping fees and.

Less than 24 hours later, I had a brand new H20-100 arrive at my door via FedEx. To boot, they provided a label to ship the old receiver back to DirecTV so that I wouldn't have to pay for return shipping.

I'm sure my preferred customer status helped, but that's how you treat people. Sure, I want to see more national HD, but they've earned themselves a commitment from me well beyond any contract.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)