H20 activation with no HDTV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Heliopath

Original poster
Feb 10, 2006
Lexington KY
Hello everyone. I've got a HR10-250 and two H20s being installed Friday with my dish. Ive got three Panasonic PHD8Uks on order to hook em up to as replacements to my old CRTs and rabbit ears, but they haven't arrived yet. I am assuming that that the install can happen and the boxes can get activated with just SD output correct?

I am expecting excellence when the plasmas arrive. I'm just hoping that the technicalities can be held to a minimum.

All current HD receivers are supposed to have the ability to output via s-video if need be. I know my 2 MPEG2 HD boxes do. And I activated the 1st one almost 3 months before I added the HD pack service.

nothing yet

Nothing yet, The install is on Friday. I am hoping for an AT9, but the work order says that it will be a 3LNB right now.

If it is a 3LNB I am going to have it mounted on a temporary poll outside. Not my first option since the only spot at ground level has it aiming across the driveway. Anything taller than a minivan will be giving it some issues. I dont want to rip out the 3LNB in 6 months and have to deal with the holes in the siding where it used to be.

I have a spot on the side of the house picked out for an AT9 with a cross stud brace, some vinyl j-box and some pre run cable. I really want to get the jbox set to the AT9 needs and have as few fastners as possible for the grounding cable.

You do NOT need a HD TV to install the H20 and a AT9 dish.......I had my dish and receiver installed and activated prior to having a HD TV.....

Bill

I also activated my H20 which was connected to an SD tv at first. The box will down rez the HD channels and display them at 480i or p.
Don

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)