This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

H20 always goes to 480 after powered off

Status
Please reply by conversation.

earthgess

Original poster
May 13, 2004
Are there any settings to prevent an h20 from always going back to 480i by default? it is annoying to have to press format and select 720 or 1080 every time i turn on the tv.

I have searched the setup menu and can't get it to start from a higher resolution setting.

-Steve

It should not matter what resolution the H20 "goes back to" if your resolution settings are correct. You should never have to touch the resolution settings manually.
If you have native "on" in the setup menu and all the resolutions checked then the H20 will send the TV the signal in the resolution it received from the station. Some Tvs will not accept all the resolutions so you may have to uncheck some of them (some Samsungs will not accept 480i over HDMI, some older CRT sets will not accept 720p for example). Or you can go into the setup menu and set native "off" and then uncheck all the resolutions except 720p and 1080i. Then the H20 will upconvert the 480i signals before sending them to the TV.
Either of these is an OK approach...

earthgess,
IF texasbrit's suggestions do NOT work, ( I think it will)
Take a look at your front pannel and see what it is set for, I think I read that the front panel superceeds all others, push theresolution button to whichever setting your TV does best... Each TV has a native resolution that it is designed for.
Set this button and leave it, it will not change from the setting you set it for.

Jimbo

i hate how long it takes the h20 to change between resolution, like from 720i to 720p or 720p to 1080i, that's why i keep native res off because of the delay

i hate how long it takes the h20 to change between resolution, like from 720i to 720p or 720p to 1080i, that's why i keep native res off because of the delay

I also have decided to do that with my HR20 as well for that same reason. I now set it for the TV's native resolution and leave it that way.

Jimbo

I set mine for 1080i only, native off (set is a CRT that takes 720p and 1080i, but is native ~880i) because of the delay and screen flash if it moves between resolutions.

I just let the box scale all to 1080i. Works just as good.

Still slow to change channels, but it's quicker and doesn't flash at me.

Actually "native" can only be used if your TV excepts 480p, 720p and 1080i signals. One of my sets is an older Mitsubishi and it only receives 480p and 1080i. If I put the receiver on "native" and tune to ESPN or any other 720p signal, I get no picture.

With my newer set, a 1080p resolution, my non-HD channels look a lot better when I shut native off, on my H20, and use 1080i for everything.

Status
Please reply by conversation.