H20 and pioneer 5080 resolution?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

tveeman

Original poster
Jan 15, 2008
i want to select only one resolution in the H20 options 720p or 1080i, the reason being i don't like the slow channels changes caused by the resolution changing between certain channels, i know the set is 720p but is one better to choose over the other, thanks.

I would think it depends on which one your eyes think scales the picture the best. Test it out and see.

i getcha there, problem is i don't trust my eyes anymore, lol, think i'll try 1080i and see how that goes.

I have my stuff setup for the DirecTV receivers to output only the native res of the displays they are attached to.

tveeman,
IF your unsure which one looks best, set it for what the Pioneer panel is ....
IF the set is a 720p, I would set it for that, every signal you send it will be changing to 720p anyways.

Jimbo

I say 1080i. I have set up all the Pioneer Plasmas my folks and I have to that. The set technically does 768, why short change yourself some lines of resolution by going 720? I have been happy with 1080i for years with my HR10 and now my HR20. To each their own IMO!

I say 1080i. I have set up all the Pioneer Plasmas my folks and I have to that. The set technically does 768, why short change yourself some lines of resolution by going 720? I have been happy with 1080i for years with my HR10 and now my HR20. To each their own IMO!

The most the set will put out is 768, so if you tell it to do 1080i , it's still gonna give you 768, but YES I see where your going with that, set it for the best it can do and let the Pioneer do the processing.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)