H20 Box Issue - Suggestions?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

cb35

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 3, 2007
Hello guys - I am having a problem with my H20 HD box - basically the first time I turn on the box for the day - I get nothing just a guide bar that says 0-0 no channel - once i press reset or run guided setup - the box boots up and is fine. I have tried leaving the box on overnight and it still does the same thing. each day I have to run through this process - since the picture is fine, audio is fine, I'm thinking its a software issue? Any suggestions on a permanent fix?

Hello guys - I am having a problem with my H20 HD box - basically the first time I turn on the box for the day - I get nothing just a guide bar that says 0-0 no channel - once i press reset or run guided setup - the box boots up and is fine. I have tried leaving the box on overnight and it still does the same thing. each day I have to run through this process - since the picture is fine, audio is fine, I'm thinking its a software issue? Any suggestions on a permanent fix?

Very odd. It almost sounds like you have a problem with the electricity going off and on. Do you have a UPS you can connect it to?

Very odd. It almost sounds like you have a problem with the electricity going off and on. Do you have a UPS you can connect it to?

cb,
I had the same thing happen the other night, but I did a reset, not a RBR and it has worked fine ever since.

Might want to try that if you haven't already.

Jimbo

Try plugging a digital clock in that socket and see if it goes out as well, least the clock will give you a relative time it happens. Also may want to get a Outlet tester ($3-$5) and make sure a ground didn't come off...

Edit: Is the outlet your receiver is on, attached to a light/fan switch?

Try plugging a digital clock in that socket and see if it goes out as well, least the clock will give you a relative time it happens. Also may want to get a Outlet tester ($3-$5) and make sure a ground didn't come off...

Edit: Is the outlet your receiver is on, attached to a light/fan switch?

Jef Card,
Awhile back I was having minor audio break up issues and when the installer came out, without me knowing, he snapped off the grounds and said it should work now. He also ended up replacing my dish/ lnb which I think had more to do with the problem I was having than anything else.

Why did he do that and is that standard practice ?

Jimbo

No clue why he did that, that's a short/fire waiting to happen. There is a reason that ground prong is there, and its not for stability. If your system got better after that prong was removed then you may have some electrical issues with that wall/socket.

That socket tester was the best buy out of all my tools, I will sit at the warehouse on load out day and see people bring in 15-20 supposed Dead Receivers only to test them and they are fine. A lot of service calls I have gone on where 2-3 techs have been out there.. replacing cables, boxes, connectors etc... are just a faulty outlet. The receivers are more prone to reacting to small surges moreso than a radio or dvd player is and even though you may have a hot ground your surround may function just fine, but the receiver will shut off on you, go sfss and eventually burn out. When you replace a receiver and the outlet is bad, it will work great again for a few days, simply because you have fresh electrics to burn up.

If you want some interesting reading about why that 3rd prong is there ad why some systems (newer ones) only use 2 prongs, read this http://amasci.com/amateur/whygnd.html

No clue why he did that, that's a short/fire waiting to happen. There is a reason that ground prong is there, and its not for stability. If your system got better after that prong was removed then you may have some electrical issues with that wall/socket.

That socket tester was the best buy out of all my tools, I will sit at the warehouse on load out day and see people bring in 15-20 supposed Dead Receivers only to test them and they are fine. A lot of service calls I have gone on where 2-3 techs have been out there.. replacing cables, boxes, connectors etc... are just a faulty outlet. The receivers are more prone to reacting to small surges moreso than a radio or dvd player is and even though you may have a hot ground your surround may function just fine, but the receiver will shut off on you, go sfss and eventually burn out. When you replace a receiver and the outlet is bad, it will work great again for a few days, simply because you have fresh electrics to burn up.

If you want some interesting reading about why that 3rd prong is there ad why some systems (newer ones) only use 2 prongs, read this ELECTRICAL GROUND: Why Three Prongs?

I understand it's suppose to be there, but there no way for me to replace it now.

I do not have any electrical issues, my problem was solved when he finally replaced the AT-9 with the AU-9, all my issues cleared up after that.

I also have a APC Battery backup surge protector I use with the set up.
I guess I can't complain, the AT-9 gave me good service as well while I had it, since I got it originally in Sept of '05.

Jimbo

Same Problem

I am having the same problem. I was away for 2 weeks, returned and found the 0-0, no channel message at the top. After trying channels I knew I should get I went to Menu and performed a setup. This worked. The problem is that each day when I turn on the set I have the same issue. Each day I need to set up the system again- this is becoming a pain (getting good at setup however). Tried the clock- the power is uninterupted so that is not the issue.

Help please.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)