Help with RCA MM36100 and Directv H21 HD receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

adeikun

Original poster
May 19, 2008
Hi,
I am new to this forum. I am trying to find a solution to a problem I am having. I am trying to connect a Directv H21 high def receiver to my OLD RCA TV mentioned in the subject line. The problem I am having is that my TV can only do HD through the SVGA connector on the back of the TV. The satellite receiver only has component video out and HDMI. I tried connecting a cable that is component video on one side and SVGA on the other but it didn't work. The component video inputs on the back of the TV only go to 480. Directv had no solution for the problem, they told me to get a new TV. RCA had no solution as well. I am not sure if I am having an analog/digital compatibilty issue. RCA informed me that the SVGA2 input is a digital input. I am not sure what to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated as the TV works great and has a great picture.
BTW, the exisiting Samsung HD receiver works great but will not pick up Directv's new HD programming including NFL Sunday ticket in HD.
Thanks,
Andrew

What type of SVGA connector do you need? I see a lot of SVGA Male to Component Male adapter cables on the market. Is the connector on the TV female?

I already tried the component video out to SVGA in on the tv. It didn't work. I think one signal is analog, the other digital or the cable is converting the signal from one to the other. I am not sure.
Andrew

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)