----------------------------------------------------------------
H20 - CE07167
H20-100 Version: 0x2019
H20-600 Version: 0x2019

Window of opportunity to download:
Friday; June 15, 2007 11PM - 2:30AM EST
Saturday; June 16, 2007 11PM - 2:30AM EST

Time and availability subject to change
Please monitor the threads, 95% chance the CE will happen... but until it does... anything can change.

While you are waiting for the Window to open:
-) MUST READ AND AGREE TO: - The CE "explanation" thread... DBSTalk.Com
-) How To Download

Warnings!!!!
-) This is a MAJOR upgrade for the H20. And this CE is not to be taken lightly. If you decide to download this CE, it is not a simple rollback to the previous version.

CE Risk Level Modest
This is the 4th CE for the H20, in this cycle.... and even though it is difficult to go back... the version is very stable, and expectations are very high for this CE.

What this CE contains: (with relation to last National Release)
Items from 0x200C/E
Items from 0x20??

Improved

* ATSC (OTA) channel scanning improved for H20-600
* Spontaneous reboots cause by inconsistant power
* Spontaneous reboots while watching MPEG2 HD
* HDMI compatibility

Updated

* AutoTune while in standby
* Sat 99 incorrectly displayed during guided setup

New feature(s)

* Interactive functionality

Notes

* With this CE it is difficult (not impossible, but difficult) to rollback to the national release version
* This CE improves on the reported issues in the previous CE's

Please report issues....
Recently we have seen more and more people download the CE's, but not participate in threads... until their are asked to "grade" the CE... they give it a failing grade, but have never posted an issue about the version they have. So... If you download the CE... PLEASE!!!! post any issues that you are having... even if someone else has posted it.

No Issues Posted = No issues with the version...
If you don't post the issues you are having, no will know that you are having them.

Last edited:
I've been participating in these. Very cool. Its been great to get the "interactivity" enabled on the H20.

I don't use my H20 that much but the past 3 releases have been stable for me. The CE's are actually better because they fixed the spontaneous reboots that plagued the -600 version.

You can force the H20 or HR20-700 between 11 PM EDT and 1:30 AM Friday and Saturday night. The HR20-100 is tonight and tomorrow night. See this thread for some risk issues. You will eventually get a national version but the CE process allows you to see it and test before the general public.

DBSTalk.Com
http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv-forum/98994-ce-insanity-june-14-15-16-a.html#post927160

Here's how to force download it.

First, you will need to restart your receiver. There are multiple methods to doing this, but the preferred method is to use the menus. Also, make sure its in a format that can be read on whatever TV you need. I usually set mine to 480p since that is available on all my TVs. To restart your receiver, you can do one of the following:

• Using the remote control, select Menu -> Help & Settings -> Setup -> Reset, and then choose Restart Recorder. You will also need to press the DASH (-) key to confirm. This is the safest way to do a reset.
  • If the Menu reset fails, then try a Red Button Reset (RBR). Press the Red Button behind the access card door on the front of the receiver.
  • If all else fails and you are unable to initiate the download process, you may need to unplug the receiver from the wall outlet, wait for 30 seconds and then plug it back in.

Once you have restarted your recorder, make sure you stick around. In a few seconds, you will need to type in a special code to start the download process:

1. When the reset process starts, the LEDs on the front of the receiver will turn off.
  2. Once the LEDs on the front of the receiver illuminate again *OR* the the first blue screen is displayed (whichever comes first), you can start keying in the special code. I prefer using the LED if you can see the receiver. If you do this remotely over Sligbox or from another room, you have to wait for the first blue screen to appear.
  3. Press 0 2 4 6 8. You will need to press the keys slowly and deliberately. An easy way to think of this is zero-one-thousand, two-one-thousand, four-one-thousand, six-one-thousand, eight-one-thousand. Make sure that you ONLY type in the 5 numbers and nothing else.
  4. After a few more seconds, you should see a screen that indicates that the download process has started.
  5. Now, just sit back and relax as the update process will take about 15 minutes to complete. It may appear to "stick" at 97%, this is normal.

Note: Do not restart the system again after the download process is complete. The normal download process includes an automated restart which is desired, but additional restarts are unnecessary and only serve to taint the debug process.

Note: If you reach the screen that says "checking satellite settings step 1 of 2" BEFORE you see an indication that the new software is downloading, then you will need to start over. The downloading screen should show up within a few seconds (it's not immediate). If it does go too far, then a Red Button Reset should make it start over without going through the entire startup process.

I forgot to mention the process goes better with a few beers on hand.

You should also note that for most download your receiver will look like its locked up at 97% or 99%. DO NOT RESTART THE RECEIVER WHILE IT APPEARS LOCKED IT IS WORKING IN THE BACKROUND!

After a few minutes of it being stuck the download will complete.

And don't download it "just because". It is *BETA* and it might kill your box. You are not to call DirecTV for help if you download a CE release. This just can't be stressed enough. It's not something to just try out, it's something you *want* to download to help test.

You should also note that for most download your receiver will look like its locked up at 97% or 99%. DO NOT RESTART THE RECEIVER WHILE IT APPEARS LOCKED IT IS WORKING IN THE BACKROUND!

After a few minutes of it being stuck the download will complete.

Sometimes this also happens around 90% as well.

Jimbo

i would like to download directtv

:welcome

Which receiver do you own? Is it the H20? There should be enough info in this thread or the general CE one on the main Directv page. You can force download the software at 11 EDT tonight or Saturday night. Remember there is only a 2.5 hour window. Whatever receiver you own be it HR20, H20 or R15, all are available tonight.

I got some kind of update last night, that changed all the colors and added some + & - 12 hours on the bottom of the guide. Not sure what else changed.

Was it the HR20 HD DVR or just the H20 HD receiver? The HR20 new White GUI is rolling out nationally and I think thats what you got.

just downloaded it myself and it still shows old CE update date but new version.
the menu speed is still a little sluggish though

I have the h20-100 and just downloaded the new software and it works GREAT!!. Now the active button works. This is a good upgrade. Keep up the great job guys.

The date feature on the H20 is wonky. It works on the HR20's but I dont know why they havent fixed it on the H20.

the date is a minor and insignificant issue to me, the only other thing is the menu and launching the guide is what's slow.
even the sound breakup when pressing guide that was apparent in the last release is gone

Status
Please reply by conversation.