Status
Please reply by conversation.

ncfuser

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 12, 2005
Frederick, MD
What a piece of junk.
I have my 2nd H20-600 and it still reboots.
Sometimes 3-4 times a night.
I raised it up like two inches to "cool" it, doesn't help.
Does this 2 year commitment state that D-TV must put out a receiver that WORKS!!!!

My H20 kept rebooting after I had it initially set up, as well...

I had both a DTV feed and an OTA feed hooked up, so I shut the H20 down and disconnected the OTA feed then turned it back on...it worked fine. I let it run like that for a couple of days then hooked up the OTA feed...

I haven't had any problems since...

Dont know if there is a correlation, but it worked for me...

(My H10 was hooked up the same way and I didn't have any issues with it)

Hope this helps...

spectrumsp said:

I had both a DTV feed and an OTA feed hooked up, so I shut the H20 down and disconnected the OTA feed then turned it back on...it worked fine. I let it run like that for a couple of days then hooked up the OTA feed...

Hope this helps...
So are you observing that the OTA signal is causeing the reboots ? That is something that has been discussed before.
Is it all OTA channels or can you isolate it to one channel.
Earlier it was surmised that it was being caused by a local channels PSIP info, or lack of the info, I don't remember which., or if it was determined that there was a solution.

Jimbo

The re-booting is happening to me also, without the OTA being hooked up, and for me it does not matter if its on a HD channel or regular channel it still reboots...DTV has told me that they would send out a new receiver to me. I am wondering if its worth it, since the HD DVR's may be out soon (I hope)

satjay said:
The re-booting is happening to me also, without the OTA being hooked up, and for me it does not matter if its on a HD channel or regular channel it still reboots...DTV has told me that they would send out a new receiver to me. I am wondering if its worth it, since the HD DVR's may be out soon (I hope)
Take the replacement, no definate date for the new DVR, hopefully soon :eureka :)

Maybe if you tell them you are looking for the new dvr (not the hr10-250) maybe they will make note of it on your account and offer you a good deal when it does come out , just a thought...seeing it is getting close.

Jimbos said:
So are you observing that the OTA signal is causeing the reboots ? That is something that has been discussed before.
Is it all OTA channels or can you isolate it to one channel.
Earlier it was surmised that it was being caused by a local channels PSIP info, or lack of the info, I don't remember which., or if it was determined that there was a solution.

Jimbo

I thought it was one channel, because the tuner would always lock on it after it rebooted. I don't know if the local "fixed" their issue (if there was ever an issue), but after several days, when I hooked up the OTA, the problem went away. I haven't had an issue since and it's now been about 6 months...

spectrumsp said:
I thought it was one channel, because the tuner would always lock on it after it rebooted. I don't know if the local "fixed" their issue (if there was ever an issue), but after several days, when I hooked up the OTA, the problem went away. I haven't had an issue since and it's now been about 6 months...
Cool, then maybe there is something to the therory...

Mine rebooted yesterday. Just out of the blue (I was watching an OTA station) and it rebooted.

spectrumsp said:

Hope this helps...

I see you are in Florida. What market are you in? I am in the Orlando market and I had my H20 installed last week and knock on wood, I haven't had any problem with it re-booting. I have at MPG4 and OTA locals on it.

I just miss all of the great features that my HTL-HD had, that the H20 doesn't.

I have two H20 600s one works fine the other took a turn for the worst last night. It had been rebooting at least once a day for the last two weeks, yesterday it rebooted several times and finally the last time a black screen , it kept trying to reboot and I finally gave up and called Direc. They made me an offer to send a new one with a two year committment and $19.95 for shipping. I compained about the equipment as junk and told them I did not want another 600. I am writing to their corporate hq to complain about their policy on a two year committment especially with their lousy equipment. I do not know if I can spend two more years with DirecTV. I asked the Tech Rep where I could send the H20 to get it repaired and she did not know, she indicated they simply replace the bad ones.

Last edited:
fsds said:
I have two H20 600s one works fine the other took a turn for the worst last night. It had been rebooting at least once a day for the last two weeks, yesterday it rebooted several times and finally the last time a black screen , it kept trying to reboot and I finally gave up and called Direc. They made me an offer to send a new one with a two year committment and $19.95 for shipping. I compained about the equipment as junk and told them I did not want another 600. I am writing to their corporate hq to complain about their policy on a two year committment especially with their lousy equipment. I do not know if I can spend two more years with DirecTV. I asked the Tech Rep where I could send the H20 to get it repaired and she did not know, she indicated they simply replace the bad ones.
You know, it would be a smart thing for D* to take a look at thier commitment policy.
In you type of situation, if for example you have had your receiver for 9 months, and you need a new one, the new one should have 15 months to go, instead of the full 24, after all it's not like you destroyed the unit causeing D* problems,
I wonder why D* doesn't address this issue, other than thier desire to keep subs in the commitment....
I don't mind a commitment, 2 year seems excessive, I would like to see it go to a 1 year commitment for all receivers, jmo

Jimbo

STILL JUNK!!!!!!
I was watching, well trying to watch, Monday night football on ESPN HD and within one hour I had 4 reboots!!!!!!!!!
Called the smartest people I know, Directv tech service.
Didn't help one bit. Well try a reset, I did that and 10 minutes later, REBOOT.
I called back and they told me it was a know issue with the H20-600, No sh*t!
They said it was sent to the manger. I asked what am I supposed to do and she I would hear something within 48 hours.
Nice to know that I can watch TV and nothing is going to get fixed.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)