H20 local HD signal strength Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

loudo

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 27, 2004
I dont have an H20 yet but i have a question:

When I test my signal on a particular local channel in SD, it always (except for bad rain) comes in at 100% signal strength, i believe this is because the spots have stonger signals.

Is it the same on the H20 with the HD locals??

I have an H20-100 and my local spot beam only shows 49%. But I have "moved" and am outside the spot beam's "estimated" reach by a couple of counties.

Amazingly though, during very heavy downpours, I never lose my locals to rain fade, even when I do lose other channels.

Heh, that's true, but there is no map of estimated hd spot beams as far as I know, they are supposed to be different from the sd beams.

arxaw said:
I have an H20-100 and my local spot beam only shows 49%. But I have "moved" and am outside the spot beam's "estimated" reach by a couple of counties.

Amazingly though, during very heavy downpours, I never lose my locals to rain fade, even when I do lose other channels.

This is exactly why i ask!!

i am "moved" too and get my chicago locals fine here in the middle of wisconsin and was wondering if the HD locals would come in also!!!

Guess i have to pony up and get the H20...........does anyone know if you can return this receiver in the first however many days if you dont "like" it?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)