H20 new software update due?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kentuck1163

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 8, 2006
I'm a relatively new DirecTV person. I got the H20 and it only has done the initial 0F06 (I think thats it) upgrade. Its been about a month. It seems there is a lot of stuff to address on the H20: fixing problems, making the Interactive stuff work (I use this daily on my D11 receiver to check the weather), making guide work quicker, etc.

Does anyone have "inside" information from DirecTV when we might see another software upgrade?

Yeah.

All you have to do is hit the "Active" button. Weather is the first thing on the left. Once you program in your zip code, from that point on, it immediately gives you the weather in your locale. Pretty nice and very fast. Getting two little kids ready for school, it is nice to be able to call that up so fast.

There are other less useful things on there as well. You can let it know your zodiac sign and it will give you your daily horoscope, for example.

i just got mine installed yesterday and my software version is 000A and no new one scheduled, i had to use the voom receiver i have to get the locals to come in on the h20, i push my active button and it does nothing, the only problems i am having with the h20 is sometimes i will get blank video then i need to do the red reset thingy, there is alot of active features on the r15 i have also

shaun-ohio said:
i just got mine installed yesterday and my software version is 000A and no new one scheduled, i had to use the voom receiver i have to get the locals to come in on the h20, i push my active button and it does nothing, the only problems i am having with the h20 is sometimes i will get blank video then i need to do the red reset thingy, there is alot of active features on the r15 i have also

The "Active" button does nothing so far on the H20. Thats one of the things, supposedly, they are going to initialize in future versions of the software. I currently DO have access to this functionality - not on my H20 - but on my D11 receiver.

Your H20 should have pretty quickly updated from 000A to 0F06. Mine did it within about 5 mins of being turned on.

it didnt upgrade any new software when i first turned it on, i dont know what the problem may be, still on the 000A as i speak.

or just reset the reciever, while it boots back up and reaquires he satelite signal, it will be "told" to upgrade or within a hour say it wants to autotune to a station to do the upgrade, i think it was ch 100 or 200 it says it wants to tune to.

bear in mind this is all from my own experiences and not ment to be construed as offical Directv HSP/MSP/Advanced Tech advice.

Unplug the receiver and wait about 5 minutes. Plug the receiver back in. When the blue screen with "Welcome...your DirecTV receiver........." is shown, press 0,2,4,6,8, select on the remote. This should force the download. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts