h20 no signal

Status
Please reply by conversation.

nmstough

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 6, 2005
I am trying to set up a h20 receiver I bought on Ebay, but it shows 0 signal on all transponders (101) from the satellite dish. This is from the original setup process. What is strange is that I have no trouble getting signals on my old SD receiver. What can I do?

Try doing the setup again and change the multiswitch setting. If nothing seems to work, try forcing a download of the latest software tonight. It improves things including sat signal strength indicators. You may have an older software version too that had an issue with multiswitch detection.

Try doing the setup again and change the multiswitch setting. If nothing seems to work, try forcing a download of the latest software tonight. It improves things including sat signal strength indicators. You may have an older software version too that had an issue with multiswitch detection.

Actually, he should have loaded the most current software for his perticular rec. when he plugged it in to set it up. (outside of CE software).

Jimbo

Actually, he should have loaded the most current software for his perticular rec. when he plugged it in to set it up. (outside of CE software).

Jimbo

True but I cant recall if the national release had the signal meter detection and multiswitch issue completely fixed.

If you've got the B-Band Converter connected, it may be a bad one, or you may have the cable plugged into the wrong connection on the back (I've seen it before).

Also, if you're not getting signal then you will be unable to download any software.

no signals

Thats a good idea to try changing the multiswitch settings. I had not thought of that. As to the new software, as the previous poster stated, theres no way to do that when you cant get a signal. What is the method to "force" a software update anyway?

Thats a good idea to try changing the multiswitch settings. I had not thought of that. As to the new software, as the previous poster stated, theres no way to do that when you cant get a signal. What is the method to "force" a software update anyway?

I went back in and still cannot get any signal to show up at all. I tried all the antenna sizes (round, oval, 5LNB). The multiswitch option always seems to come up, so I couldnt not change that. But still no signals at all. This is very strange, since once again there is no problem with signal strength on the old receiver.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)