H20 Receiver. China or Korea

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Acerone

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 29, 2003
Long Island
Does it really matter where the receiver was manufactured? I just bought one made in China and they also had some made in Korea. Isn't their a problem with some that operate slow when changing the channels.?

Thanks
Chris

Acerone said:
Does it really matter where the receiver was manufactured? I just bought one made in China and they also had some made in Korea. Isn't their a problem with some that operate slow when changing the channels.?

Thanks
Chris
The receivers all have a 3 number notation after the model #, that will tell you witch one you have, I beleive they are -100 and -600 currently.
And I don't remember which is the one with the slower guide is, but I am sure others will pop in and let your know.

Jimbo

wolfman said:
Thanks Wolfman,
Was there a perticular H-20 model that had a slow guide ? If so, which one ?
I know one was suppose to run hot, but I can't keep them apart.

As for the OP, I don't know if who made it is all that big of a deal or not, If it does run hot and performs normally, give it some air, move it to an open area or place a fan in the case, if thats the situation.
As long as the unit runs correctly, I would not worry about it.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, Dont LOOK for trouble, if it's working fine, If it is giving you trouble, then we can go that route and try to give you other ideas.

Otherwise,
Just enjoy it :)

Jimbo

Acerone said:
I have the 600.
Looks like you have the one with the slow guide, D* will from time to time send down updates to thier receiver if they know about problems, this type of issue could be fixed with an update, so you could wait and see if they send one or try to find a -100 receiver and swap it out.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Great stuff

HD Channels?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)