H20 stuck in software update mode

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Optical Serenity

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 4, 2006
Marietta,GA
I have an H20 that is stuck in software update mode, and no, I didn't put it in there with the numbers method at startup. I've tried everything from red button resets to pulling power resets, and D* even sent me a new access card.

I've even tried moving it to the other parts of the house where other receivers are working perfectly fine....and signal strength is fine.

As soon as it starts up, it sits in software update, and never exits 0% and eventually gives up, and tells me to restart. Any ideas?

Attachments

• 4242609292_f0b40a3479.jpg
    4242609292_f0b40a3479.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 154
Call DIRECTV and tell them you need a new H20 sent out.

They'll probably tell you to unplug it, wait 10 seconds, then plug it back in.
You'll have to do it again but after you do it and tell them it's still doing the same thing they'll probably arrange to send you out another H20.

Upgrade to a DVR. I had an H20 that did the same thing, basically. It was stuck acquiring data but thats all it did was sit & sit, no matter how many times I reset/unplugged it. I just took it as an omen to get a new DVR;)

Normal price is 199. I just recently picked up a couple HR23s off of the DTV site for 99 a piece, special "loyal customer" pricing.
Check the website & see what price you are quoted & or call them & tell them the situation, you never know they may offer to upgrade it for you for free or ata special price. Nothing ventured nothing gained.

Can I get two of those and then just cancel the two other receivers that are goofed up? Ok, I put in an order for two H21's. I only have a single cable running to each room so I can't use DVR's there, and don't need them.

Last edited:
Can I get two of those and then just cancel the two other receivers that are goofed up?

That IS an option.

You would be required to have a new contract though.
If you have the Protection plan they should replace the defective unit without a new contract, unless you upgrade of course.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts