H20 Sweet Deal

Status
Please reply by conversation.

spectrumsp

SatelliteGuys Family
Sep 24, 2005
Florida
Just got off the phone w/D* CSR. I had purchased an H10 in Dec and already received rebate. Called to see if I could get an H20...got it and new antenna for $49.95 net! Are supposed to install next Sat! Initially CSR said I couldn't do it since I had already had rebate on H10, but then I said they were going to upgrade us over the next year anyhow...she went ahead and did it. Don't have to give up H10...

Since I had already committed to a 24 month commitment in Dec, this only extends me out two additional months...I'm a happy camper.

aeneas3

SatelliteGuys Family
Oct 31, 2005
that is a great deal. Similar to the one I got in november. 6 months free hd package, h20, free install, free 4x8 multiswitch, OTA.... all for $150 - $200 rebate...and the rebate just came :)

aec4

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 26, 2005
Got my h20 and dish (yet dish not installed yet) for 0.00.. "instant rebate" because as they tell me each time I call them, "You are one of our best customers"

aeneas3

SatelliteGuys Family
Oct 31, 2005
aec4 said:
Got my h20 and dish (yet dish not installed yet) for 0.00.. "instant rebate" because as they tell me each time I call them, "You are one of our best customers"

u may still be able to dip for the rebate that is out there for the h20 :) give it a try:hungry:

chazcbh

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 6, 2004
I tried yesterday and all I could get is a $99 install and $200 rebate to cover the $199 H20. They said the free deal is only in CA right now and I should try back in a couple of days.

VIPERS-PIT

Pub Member
Feb 11, 2006
I got a H10 and the H20 came out 1 week later. Got a free upgrade to the H20 AT9 dish and got to keep the 3 lnb dish and H10 for my camper!!! Plus the 3 LNB multiswitch. All this and after rebate they are paying me 20 bucks after rebate to upgrade and 6 mounths free HD programing!!

I watched the guy put the AT9 up yesterday with 2 supports and It was a nightmare. Glad I didnt have to do it. Took him 4 hours.

But D* has been johnny on the spot to fix any issues I have had. and Bluegrass has been a top notch contractor. they ALWAYS call 1 hr gefore they come out and do a good job (except 1 tech left a few sunken fittings that caused part of my 1st AT9-H20 issues.

mike_augie

SatelliteGuys Family
Nov 23, 2005
S.W. Okla
My Deal

Well I did not do as good as you'll but still think i got a great deal.....I to just got the Hr10-250 about 3 months ago with the rebate (which I had hell getting)...but got it finally.....called today and got a HR 20 and a 5 Dish LNB 200.00 for the reciever then got a 199.00 instant rebate (told them would rather have that because of the night mare with the last rebate) and they were happy to do that...and 49.00 for the install and 14.95 for shipping and handling...and showtime for 3 months free...I guess all and all not to bad...I am happy...:)

javahh

SatelliteGuys Family
Dec 9, 2005
I got a good deal last night from D*. H20 plus AT9 dish for $99 installed! I have been with D* for the last 5 years and a HD customer for 1.5 years. We are not even expected to light up until the middle of this year on the HD LIL.

chazcbh

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 6, 2004
hdtvtechno said:
Are you an existing current directv customer ?

Yes I am TC premier 3 years HD 1 year.

I just called back and the install is set for next Wednesday 2/22 Total cost $14.95 that is the only thing she could not credit.

Last edited:

kevecu

Feb 16, 2006
The deal I recently received was to replace two H10s with two H20s, replace the 3LNB dish with the new AT9 and add an OTA. The total cost was $188.00 with $20.00 off programming bill for 6 months. I am not sure if this is the best deal available?

I am unsure if the installer will be able to place the new dish where my current 3LNB dish is located on the eve of roof. I am unsure what the weight and size difference is.

Does the OTA run through the multi switch to all receivers?

Thanks.

spectrumsp

SatelliteGuys Family
Sep 24, 2005
Florida
It's my understanding that OTA CAN NOT be routed within the same multiswitch which is used with the H20. A separate line must be run for OTA and the H20. I believe this is because of freq conflicts.

climo

Feb 6, 2006
Socal...bank robbery capital
Wow it seems like you guys are getting some great deals on the H20 and new AT9 dish. I'm guessing it comes with a 2 year contract because of all the rebates. I was hoping for a 1 year deal instead. Have any of you worked out a 1 year with the CSR's?

I guess I will call them and see what kind of deal they offer me. I just want the H20 and AT9 dish with a 1 year contract. Of course some HD prog. for my new HDTV. :D

About the leasing thing.....does anyone know what the upfront fees are going to be for the receivers? Like for me I need to upgrade to the H20 from an real old RCA unit. How much will it cost me to upgrade to the H20/at9? I have a feeling it may be wiser to buy one now. I would hate to pay an upgrade fee of $100-200 for a receiver then have to return it to Directv when I leave.

damaged

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 22, 2005
South of Heaven
climo,

Regarding the ability to get a 1 yr commit, all advanced technologies (dvr, hd stb, anything higher than a SD stb basically) have a 2 year commit, so I doubt it. I would also think the software they use would not allow it even if the CSR tried.

climo

Feb 6, 2006
Socal...bank robbery capital
Yeah you may be right on the 2 year deal. The example I was looking at included the standard receiver and not the HD unit.

I'll find out tomorrow when I call. Should be an interesting conversation.:devil:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)