H20 Tuning Problem (Thumping noise)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

GSH

Original poster
Apr 5, 2006
Pine Mountain Lake, CA
After some period of time I get a Thumping Noise (like a drum beat) when I try to change cnannels. It won't stop unitl I turn off the box. Also, I suddenly get more channel options consisting of a dash followed by a number after the main channel number (i.e. 13-3 etc.). This is new. Also, in the upper left of the TV screen I get an underscore dash after the channel number that I'm entering (i.e. 365_). This is also new. Finally on some of the dash number channels I get a note that the box is searching for an off air tuner or something to that effect. Has anyone had this problem and a soultion?

George

After some period of time I get a Thumping Noise (like a drum beat) when I try to change cnannels. It won't stop unitl I turn off the box. Also, I suddenly get more channel options consisting of a dash followed by a number after the main channel number (i.e. 13-3 etc.). This is new. Also, in the upper left of the TV screen I get an underscore dash after the channel number that I'm entering (i.e. 365_). This is also new. Finally on some of the dash number channels I get a note that the box is searching for an off air tuner or something to that effect. Has anyone had this problem and a soultion?

George

I don't know about the thumping noise (unless it's Vurbano hitting his head on his desk for D*s HD rollout :p).

I'm guessing that you are using a H20 receiver, so correct me if I'm wrong. The Dash channel numbers are your digital OTA channels. Do you have an OTA hooked up to the receiver? If not, you may need to repeat satellite setup and tell it you have satellite only.

Go to MENU - SETTINGS - SETUP - INFO & TEST

Scroll down and take a look at your software version. Check where it says Past Upgrade. That will tell you the latest version and when it updated.

This anomaly is due to an upgrade that adds DTV channels and effects certain tuning operations. The thumping sound is the boxe's sound for pressing the wrong button - operator error. However, I think that Direct should have sent out some kind of notification in advance. Maybe I missed the meeting or memo. I received this infrormation from the Direct TV Forum.

GSH

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)