h20 w/out service

Status
Please reply by conversation.

theslag

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 12, 2004
Hi all..

Im sure this has been answered before..but if i disco my H20, can i still use it as a OTA receiver??

Thanks!!

theslag said:
Hi all..

Im sure this has been answered before..but if i disco my H20, can i still use it as a OTA receiver??

Thanks!!
As long as it has been previuosly been authorized you should not have any trouble.

Jimbo

No, once it has been disconnected, it will give you an error message (751, I think) when you try to use the OTA tuner. The H20 is the first D* HD receiver to do this.

Newshawk said:
No, once it has been disconnected, it will give you an error message (751, I think) when you try to use the OTA tuner. The H20 is the first D* HD receiver to do this.
Thanks for the correction, I presumed that all the receivers OTA worked once turned off, because all of mine have....
But I don't have a H-20....
So I presume this will be the case from here on out, I can see the reasoning, as from this point forward, everything will be leased and subject to being returned.

Jimbo

I think you right because that it will not let you use it OTA with a subscription...oh well.....

theslag said:
I think you right because that it will not let you use it OTA with a subscription...oh well.....
I know the older receivers were ok for this, but this is a new generation of receivers

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)