H21 - 100 Losing Sound then Video

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mtcunningham@gmail.com

Original poster
Sep 28, 2010
Tomball,Texas
Hello,
I have a strange issue. I Recently upgraded to an SWM8 Setup with an H21-100 Receiver. This worked fine for about a Month and Now What happens is When you turn on the receiver, You get sound for a short while, then it starts fading and cutting out and eventually no sound at all. If you change channels, The video goes as well. I can see the Guide with all of the channels but when you select one of them, The screen is blank along with the little Preview window.
I have Reset the Receiver numerous times via the red button, and after Downloads all of the channels, I get sound for a little while, then it gets choppy and eventually no sound.
I have the SWM Box out side near the dish with the 4 cables attached to it and then 1 Cable connected like it should on the SWM Box running in thru the attic to the Power Inserter. I have other cable from the Power inserter directly running to my H21 - 100 Receiver. I get a Strong signal from the dish.
Any Ideas What might be wrong? Is there a limit on how far you have the SWM Box from the Power inserter in Length of Cable?
Thanks

I had a similar issue with my h21-100. It was my HDMI cable. Replaced my HDMI with component cables, and haven`t had the problem since.

Status
Please reply by conversation.