H21-200 771 signal loss every 6-7 hours

Status
Please reply by conversation.

armoured

Original poster
Apr 4, 2009
US
My H21-200 has been constantly losing signal for the last 2 weeks. It works for 4-5 hours and then loses signal - rebooting does not work - unplugging for 5 min also does not work.

This is VERY annoying as you guys know. I run 3 boxes. My upstairs HD-DVR works perfect while my downstairs H21 does not work and is searching for satellite signal.

My guess is it's the box. It's on top of a receiver that is never turned on so basically it's a heat sink for the H21 so overheating is out of the question.......

When it works the signal is crystal clear HD.......when it doesn't I still get crystal clear HD upstairs with the DVR......

It's perfect outside - I have no idea what's going on. It must be the box or a mouse is chewing on my wires.....

Please help.

Sounds like the box is dying. When you call for a replacement, tell them it is completely dead or else you will waste time doing stuff to attempt to bing it around that you appear to of already done.

I called Direct tv and my receiver was labeled a HD-DVR even though it wasn't.

He changed it back to a standard HD unit and told me to do up up down down on the channel button and everything was back to normal.

This fixed it for the time being but I'm not so sure it will work next time........I'll see.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)