H21 / H23 Software Release 1/20 v.4395

Status
Please reply by conversation.

skihoodoo

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
May 10, 2008
PERSHING COUNTY NV
New software version 4395 began a staggered rollout 1/20/10.

This software can take a few days to a few weeks to rollout nationwide depending on DirecTV's preference.

These are draft notes and may change.

New features
Support for Linksys WET610N Wireless Adapter
Smart Search
Multi-Room Viewing (Beta)

Improved/Updated
Enriched Guide Data:
- Cast & Crew

Attachments

• IMG_0060.JPG
    IMG_0060.JPG
    324.9 KB · Views: 267
  • IMG_0061.JPG
    IMG_0061.JPG
    146.8 KB · Views: 277
Last edited by a moderator:
ok i did a couple forced downloads the other day and it kept downloading the same old software but last night i tried a forced download and it downloaded the new software! but the next day i totally forgot that i had succesfully downloaded the new update last night so i stupidly start another forced download and after it started it i realized that it was downloading the old software again! i was so mad at myself. but now i cant force download to get the new update again i keep trying and it keeps downloading the old software no prevail im very worried i wont be able to get it back... will i? or will it keep downloading the old software again and never download the update again? i have an H21-100

Last edited:
ok i did a couple forced downloads the other day and it kept downloading the same old software but last night i tried a forced download and it downloaded the new software! but the next day i totally forgot that i had succesfully downloaded the new update last night so i stupidly start another forced download and after it started it i realized that it was downloading the old software again! i was so mad at myself. but now i cant force download to get the new update again i keep trying and it keeps downloading the old software no prevail im very worried i wont be able to get it back... will i? or will it keep downloading the old software again and never download the update again? i have an H21-100

I wouldn't worry too much about it, it will update again with the next one.
Or you can get into the CE software if you decide to try it. Remember the CE software is strictly Beta testing.

so do you mean i have to wait till the next update? i wont get this one? i was hoping i could get it back soon so i could have multi room viewing and the interface seemed a lot faster when i had it which i loved

You will get the new version when it is sent out to your area. They start on the West coast and work their way East. So far we have not gotten it so it will be a few days yet before you get it.

You will get the new version when it is sent out to your area. They start on the West coast and work their way East. So far we have not gotten it so it will be a few days yet before you get it.

well i still haven't gotten it

I've had it on my DVR for awhile, but still nothing on my H23.. I am really excited to try it out...

Did the roll out get stopped because of some issue, or does it really take this long??

I've had it on my DVR for awhile, but still nothing on my H23.. I am really excited to try it out...

Did the roll out get stopped because of some issue, or does it really take this long??

Wondering the same. My HR21 has the new software with the MRV option but my H23 (installed 1/16) still has the 434d version of the software installed. I tried to force a download of the newer version last night but still the same old version is installed.

I also did the forced upgrade thing back when I made the 1st post and again just now.... Still no new version.

Clearly DTV found issues and decided to postpone the rollout.

I doubt this is related, but I noticed on my updated DVR box, the list page always pauses then pops to the top of the list: it used to stay in the last viewed spot/folder in most cases..

I know it sounds minor, but it is a bit of a pain having to always scroll back down thru the list just to get back to where you already were.
--------------------------------
FOR THE RECORD: I still want the update!!!!!

Last edited:
If I remember correctly, I think the new software organizes programs by newest recording first then the next etc, etc.

It really gets annoying when you activate MRV and you have to find what was recorded on my main DVR as opposed to the secondary DVR in another room.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts