H21-H25 & HR20-HR24 CE Release 11/25

Well I have an issue with 2 of my H24 receivers. When I hit power on the remote (or using the front panel of the receiver) it takes about 20-30 seconds for the receiver to power on. This hasn't been an issue until I downloaded the new update Friday. I didn't notice it in the bedroom because my wife already has it on when I come to bed. So I thought it was just the kitchen receiver. Today I noticed that both TVs are doing it. Once they're on they are running normal.
Before this happens, did the new "sleep timer" shut down your receiver, or did you power it down yourself? If you power it off yourself, does it still then take 30 seconds to start up again?

I've left the power saving mode enabled since I updated Friday night and haven't noticed any issues. When coming home after work after many hours of inactivity, however, I can still hear fans whirring in my box.
Has anyone actually done any power measurements to see what effect it is having? I'm wondering if it does in fact save any power.
Thanks.
My guess is this just shuts off the receiver after 2 hours of inactivity, just as if you had hit the power button on it yourself. So whatever power usage is normally going on when you power a receiver off is the same when you let the receiver do it automatically.

I have update all of my receivers - H23, Hr24, 2 Hr21.....all the update went fine an the receivers work but I don't have the Youtube Icon on any of them and I also don't get anything under the My Directv.........i did the update the week before and those took a day or so to populate but now it has been almost a week and nothing yet.

Not a big deal because I very rarely use them. The new interface is great and much quicker.....recording works...just FYI!

Is 04D1 the newest version for download?

I have HR24-100 and have been trying the download says it downloading Software version 0x4D1 (is that newest version?), goes thru whole process of download.... Am not sure how long sure how long it take for changes to roll in but, its been about 3.5/4 hours since downloading and still have the old guide??? Any suggestions.... thanks in advance

Last edited:
mpl692001 said:
I have HR24-100 and have been trying the download says it downloading Software version 0x4D1 (is that newest version?), goes thru whole process of download.... Am not sure how long sure how long it take for changes to roll in but, its been about 3.5/4 hours since downloading and still have the old guide??? Any suggestions.... thanks in advance

No it's 0x575 or higher.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts