H21-H25 & HR20-HR24 CE Release 11/25

Both running the CE and no issues so far. The first thing I did was turn off the Power Saver

I notice that the DVR has the YouTube feature but the receiver does not. Only the DVRs can do YouTube?

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Greetings-
As I am yet new to CE program here, I am starting small. I am currently downloading 058C on a lightly relied upon H24-100. Thank you for your help!

The first time ever all of mine had all icons present when completed. Last time it took 4 days for the icons to appear on my HR20

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Man. The slower receivers in my house are the ones that need this update the most. I can't get them to find it. Ugh.

Greetings-
All is good on my one HR24-100. Might do the other one. These are not as vital as my HR24-500. The HR24 might get the next CE. Excited for this and the new look and icons.

hedbert said:
Correct. But others have not been labeled very high risk. I run beta software at work all the time. I am just weighing the risk with this one.

At work is entirely different from running it on Your stuff.
A lot of different things COULD happen, uually don't, but its a risk you take when playing with Beta software.
Please read the do's and don'ts before hand, its Stickied in the CE Forum.

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

Greetings-
My 2 H24-100 units are working perfectly. No issues. I wish I had put it on my HR24-500. I am leaving the power saving mode on.

Man. The slower receivers in my house are the ones that need this update the most. I can't get them to find it. Ugh.

Maybe you aren't entering the 02468 sequence soon enough. As soon as the unit reboots, start punching the numbers. Look for the blue lights on the front panel to tell you when.

Okay. I can see this power saving feature as being really annoying. While the intentions are great, the 2 hour shut off isn't. Was watching football and wasn't paying attention when the prompt came up, but it just turned off my box. So, either there needs to be an adjustable time to turn off, or a longer time. I would imagine the 2 hour limit would be annoying when trying to watch a movie.. or in my case football.

Okay. I can see this power saving feature as being really annoying. While the intentions are great, the 2 hour shut off isn't. Was watching football and wasn't paying attention when the prompt came up, but it just turned off my box. So, either there needs to be an adjustable time to turn off, or a longer time. I would imagine the 2 hour limit would be annoying when trying to watch a movie.. or in my case football.

You do know you can go into the menu and adjust it to OFF?

You do know you can go into the menu and adjust it to OFF?

Hah. Yes. I know. As I said, it's good feature to have, but needs a better implementation. Having just the options of 2 hours or Off isn't all that great. So more people will just put it on Off.

Last night I downloaded onto HR20/700 and HR22/100. Both went smoothly and look great. On both receivers under Extras, TV Apps say that no internet detected with an error code 62. Although I can get ondemand and music/pictures from my computer. Also, no youtube icon under extras on either receiver. Don't really use them, just reporting in.

Im doing the same way I did the hr 24's..Of course if we could just get the NR none of it would matter
Are you waiting until the CE release is available? It's midnight to 3 AM I think. You can check it here: DirecTV Firmware Watcher

Also, when I updated mine, I just kept entering 02468 continuously after rebooting, since I wasn't sure exactly when it needed it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)