H21-H25 & HR20-HR24 CE Release 11/25

Windows Media Center PC used to go to sleep when not in use then wake up to record shows. Probably like that if it works.

The much anticipated DIRECTiVo

I don't mean this smart but you inspired me to be brave and download it to my 2 of my 3 H24 and my HR24. You're right a tester should be a tester no matter the risk.

As long as that what your doing is testing it and seeing how it runs.
Please anyone downloading, make sure you have read the tips and how to's from the main CE page.

Successfully downloaded CE to my H25 & disabled power saving mode. I'm sure that the "green meanies" would be upset that I'm defeating the whole purpose of "power saving" mode by disabling them,but I want to make sure my receivers wake up after going into standby mode.

Well,my HR22 did go into standby mode & I was able to turn it back on. I'm still waiting to see if it will record a scheduled recording on time before I enable the power saving mode on my other receivers(as an aside,this[my] receiver has been known [by me] to turn itself off multiple times & miss recordings in the past).

I did 4 receivers last night. Quick, clean, flawless. I love this new interface. Snappy and great looking.

My Hr24-100 seems to be working fine with the update. I love the new interface.
I left power saving enabled and my receiver woke up on its own to record a show this morning.

One thing I've noticed is that I cannot get the TV resolutions to show as "selected" under the preferences. Isn't there usually a little dot next to the resolution to indicate that it's supported? I use native mode and all the channels switch to their correct resolution, it's just the boxes all remain empty. Do most people use native mode?

One thing I've noticed is that I cannot get the TV resolutions to show as "selected" under the preferences. Isn't there usually a little dot next to the resolution to indicate that it's supported? I use native mode and all the channels switch to their correct resolution, it's just the boxes all remain empty. Do most people use native mode?

Same here. I was actually logging on to post the same thing. No check marks on the resolution select screen.

Just for fun(& to save money on electricity because I had my heaters running) I turned power saver on to all of my receivers,& all came up ok. So that's one big fear relieved. One thing I noticed that relieved me was that on the first receiver I brought up from standby,I checked whole home status & it recognized the other receivers even though they were in standby. I haven't checked yet to see if it would play a recorded video from a receiver on standby though.

Some questions.

I downloaded version 0576 around 5:30AM (CST) on Friday 11/25 using redh's firmware watcher on one HR24 and a H25. It is not showing anything for 11/27 which is Sunday morning. Which CE version will be available tonight on Saturday 11/26? It's hard for me to get up in the wee hours of the morning.

Is there a better firmware watcher besides redh's?