H23 and AM21

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sstv

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 2, 2007
Hi All
I have posted this on another board and everyone but Directv agrees that it can be done.
My H20 with OTA broke down so it was replaced with an H23. Directv says an AM21 will not work with an H23. Must be an HR21 or later to work with an AM21.
Does anyone know the real story here? The software update in July 09 made the H21 and H23 work with an AM21.
Thanks
SSTV

Hi All
I have posted this on another board and everyone but Directv agrees that it can be done.
My H20 with OTA broke down so it was replaced with an H23. Directv says an AM21 will not work with an H23. Must be an HR21 or later to work with an AM21.
Does anyone know the real story here? The software update in July 09 made the H21 and H23 work with an AM21.
Thanks
SSTV

Yes, the AM21 will work with the H21 and H23 receivers, the summer software update enabled that feature on those receivers. I don't have a H23 but I do have H21-100 and H21-200's and the AM21 works on them just fine.

Thanks for your response. I have spent many hours talking and E-Mailing Directv to get an AM21 to replace the OTA H20. You and I and many others know that an AM21 will work with an H23 but Directv says that it must be an HRXX and will not budge.
It looks like Ebay might be a solution.
SSTV

Once you logon your account it would be under the "Add Kits & Equipments" link if it would show up.
Internet connection kits is the only thing available there
SSTV

I suspect that since you don't own one of the HRs that needs the AM21, it doesn't show up in the account. DirecTV needs to get their act together (don't hold your breath).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts