h23 audio dropouts

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dalebrow

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 5, 2009
cincinnati
Had dtv for three weeks now and really like it except on the h23 hd receiver I get frequent audio drop outs. This happens with optical running through my receiver or through the hdmi cable hooked directly to the tv. I have tried different cables and still have the problem. The sd receiver in the bedroom don't have these problems and it also works a lot quicker than the hd receiver. thanks for any help.

Had dtv for three weeks now and really like it except on the h23 hd receiver I get frequent audio drop outs. This happens with optical running through my receiver or through the hdmi cable hooked directly to the tv. I have tried different cables and still have the problem. The sd receiver in the bedroom don't have these problems and it also works a lot quicker than the hd receiver. thanks for any help.

Have you tried a reset on the H23? Do a hard reboot, IOW, unplug it for a few minutes.

Thanks, I will try the reset. Doesn't sound very promising though, if joed32 says a lot have it and has been going on for a while. Does Direct know about the problem, and are they doing any thing about it? Like I said I have only been back with Direct about three weeks, but don't remember it happening when I use to have it. Thanks again.

I have the same problems on both of my HD receivers. One is a HD DVR and the other just a HD receiver. It has been going on for quite a while now and is very annoying. My standard def. receiver suffers no sound problems at all. Directv must know about it. I don't know why they don't fix it. I would think that it would cost them customers in the end if they do nothing.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)