H24-100 Freezing/Pixellating

Status
Please reply by conversation.

oscarg

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 10, 2008
Hello. I have a H24-100 that started intermittently freezing for a few seconds...also pixellating for a second or so at times. This started on Saturday and continues to do this. When I run the system check sometimes it comes up with Code 41-024 and states I should call customer service, other times it says everything is OK. I did update to the new HD guide this past Friday night on both my H24-100 and my HR24-500. I'm not sure if the new guide could cause this. The HR24-500 shows no problems at all and picture is great all the time. Any suggestions or should I call Directv as the error message says?

I did check the directv website and wanted to note that I have no trees, snow, etc blocking the view and it has been clear weather. I did see something about checking to see if water was pooling around the LNB's...it hasn't rained in a week or so, but I guess I could check that later today.

That code means low or no signal. I would check all of your connections and make sure they are tight. Also, check the cable for kinks or damage.

Status
Please reply by conversation.