H24-100 remote

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Rlorton

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 27, 2009
MO
I replaced my H10-100 with a H24-100. the h24 came with an IR remote. I'd like to use the h10 remote with this new receiver but it is unresponsive. How do I link the remote to the new receiver?
Ron

If the H10 remote is RF mode, use your H24 remote to put the receiver into RF mode as well, through the receiver menu, once receiver no longer responds to the H24 remote, do the following on the H10 remote:

1. dtv
2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT, wait for two blinks, release
3. enter 0 0 0 0 1
4. press and hold MUTE & SELECT, wait for two blinks, release
5. enter 9 6 1
6. press CH UP
7. enter last 6 digits of Receiver ID #(RID), found on a sticker in the access card compartment
8. press SELECT

Putting receiver into RF mode is two stage process, first receiver and than remote. Doing it to just one or the other, won't work.

Edmund, Thanks for the informative response. I'm not sure I can do what I want to do with this H24. the remote that came with the h24 is an IR. The remote from the H10 was used in RF mode due to the placement of the box. I have relocated the H24 to a different place where I can use the IR remote and would like to use the H10 remote with the box in IR mode too, giving us His and Hers remotes. Is there a way the H10 remote can be used in IR mode?
Ron

Sure, couple of ways to put it back into IR mode, easiest is to just program 00001 to the directv device:

1. dtv
2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT, wait for two blinks, release
3. enter 0 0 0 0 1

Edmund is our remote guru. When he talks, we listen!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts