H24 possesed? Wont stay locked on channel.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ingramba

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 11, 2004
Dallas/Ft.Worth, TX
Hi all, Just activated my H24 (owned) tonight and it wont stay on any channel for long. :mad: Front DTV light starts blinking by itself then channels change, goes to menu, back to guide, etc. Remote is set to IR, THX for possible solutions! Bill

Hi all, Just activated my H24 (owned) tonight and it wont stay on any channel for long. :mad: Front DTV light starts blinking by itself then channels change, goes to menu, back to guide, etc. Remote is set to IR, THX for possible solutions! Bill

First thing I would do is to do a reset if you haven't already.

Menu/Settings/Reset/Restart Recvr/ dash

Any other remotes in the area (other rooms or even a nearby window), may try moving the receiver slightly or using an RF remote.

Any other remotes in the area (other rooms or even a nearby window), may try moving the receiver slightly or using an RF remote.

Yea, I moved receiver to another room and switched to a RF remote (same issue). Shame, this is really a nice receiver to compliment my two HR24 HDDVR's. Thought about getting a H25 but read about problems with it vs H24.

Is it hooked up to the internet? Is there anyone in the house with an ipad? ;)

If not try doing a hard reset.
What's your setup like? SWM? Did you install this yourself?

Is it hooked up to the internet? Is there anyone in the house with an ipad? ;)

If not try doing a hard reset.
What's your setup like? SWM? Did you install this yourself?

DTV set it up with Whole Home & internet with their Cinema Connection kit. Whats really strange is for the last 3 hours after it went nuts it seems to be functioning normally now. Have tried all functions and it stays locked where I set it. Maybe I wasn't allowing enough time for it to set itself up. I have two HR24 HDDVD's and one H24 HD in my system.

The H24 also seems less responsive to remote compared to the HR24's HDDVR's.

It sounds like an lnb that won't hold the frequency.

Was someone sitting on the remote ? :)

...Looks like what mine is doing. What now has me puzzled is why does it work in living room but not in my bedroom? I looked at the cables and my living room has RG-6 coming out of wall into HR45 but my bedroom has some king of cable tv cable with 57 on it, not RG-6. Also length to room is pretty far. Could the lack of RG-6 out of wall into receiver maybe cause issues like this? THX! Bill

...Looks like what mine is doing. What now has me puzzled is why does it work in living room but not in my bedroom? I looked at the cables and my living room has RG-6 coming out of wall into HR45 but my bedroom has some king of cable tv cable with 57 on it, not RG-6. Also length to room is pretty far. Could the lack of RG-6 out of wall into receiver maybe cause issues like this? THX! Bill

Just a wild guess, be sure all your coax lines route though properly grounded ground blocks.

I've never heard of low frequency parts causing a channel change but it is plausible. Try replacing all inline components with 3000 ghz rating.

Rg6 cable, compression connectors, barrels that are blue or orange. Chech all connections, check the power inserter.

DTV said issue would need to be elevated up to enginnering level. Think I will return H24 :( and start over. THX all again for all your help/suggestions! Bill

It's almost certainly interference with the front touch panel. I have an HR24 that behaved the same way. I moved it, and reran all the cables that went anywhere near it, and that solved the problem. Another poster said their H24 was on top of another piece of electronics that used a touch panel - moved the H24 and the problem went away.

It's almost certainly interference with the front touch panel. I have an HR24 that behaved the same way. I moved it, and reran all the cables that went anywhere near it, and that solved the problem. Another poster said their H24 was on top of another piece of electronics that used a touch panel - moved the H24 and the problem went away.

...THX texasbrit, I will try one last time what you suggested before returning. Also, The only lights that light up on front are the DTV logo and resolution lights, normal?

Yeah, them are the only lights on it. I don't have much thought on what would cause this as all my ideas have already been said. Please keep us posted on what you end up doing or if a certain fix helps the issue. I'm curious myself ;)

DTV said issue would need to be elevated up to enginnering level. Think I will return H24 :( and start over. THX all again for all your help/suggestions! Bill

If your gonna return it, see if they will get you another HR24 instead, seeing you already pay the drv fee, there really no reason to not have ALL DVR's.

If your gonna return it, see if they will get you another HR24 instead, seeing you already pay the drv fee, there really no reason to not have ALL DVR's.

...Its owned, I can return it to the guy I got it from and get an owned HR24-100 HDDVR for $118.00 extra. The only thing that worries me is that my leased HR24-100 is real noisy compared to my owned HR24-200.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts