H24

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Blackloz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 22, 2009
Minot,ND
My H24 is working good, but I have noticed that every so often when I go to turn the unit off it reboots itself. I've had it since June of 2011 and I don't recall that happening before. Anyone else experience this?

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

My H24 is working good, but I have noticed that every so often when I go to turn the unit off it reboots itself. I've had it since June of 2011 and I don't recall that happening before. Anyone else experience this?

It ain't plug into an outlet control by a power switch?

Really, it sounds like an AC problem with a loose connection -- either internal or external. You need to get it replace if you eliminate the external.

It used to be plugged into the surge only side of a UPS when it was upstairs now that I have the genie, the HR24 went upstairs and the H24 went into the bedroom plugged straight into the wall. It was doing it before I moved it, but since it only happens once in a while and only when I turn the unit off, it might be an internal issue. Like said above.

Well I called in to have my H24 swapped, and to save some hoop jumping I told the csr that the receiver was dead and won't power on. At first they wanted to send a tech out with a C41, but I said I don't want to loose a tuner, so their going to send out a H25, then the conversation took a turn, I was asked how I'm liking the genie as I've had it going on two months now. I said its great. The csr asked me if I'm connected to the internet. I said no, then she said that I'm not using the system the way it was designed to & that my setup is unorthodox and not really supported. She said that all genies are supposed to be hooked up to the internet. I said my system works fine. All my receivers can see each other and since I switched to SWM theirs a connection called Homenet appearing in my list of available connections which I can only assume that's the SWM network. Then she went on about on demand & PPV. I told her that we have no interest in on demand & we have never ordered any PPV, I finally said that if & when I want to connect it I will do so at that time. Hopefully she was wrong about my setup not being supported.

You do NOT need to be connected to the Internet.....and non-internet connected systems are supported fine by DirecTV. What is NOT supported is a whole home system connected via ethernet instead of via the DECA-based networking.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)