H25-100 and SL3K4NR0-02 compatability?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tditterline

Original poster
May 4, 2015
central NY
Hello Gentlemen,

I have just inherited my mother's summer camp on Lake Ontario. It has a directV dish, model SL3K4NR0-02.

I have direcTV at home, and my dish is brand new, and my receiver is a H25-100.

I tried to use my receiver at the camp this past weekend, and no luck... I have investigated a little, and I assume my dish is just not compatible with the new receiver?

Anyone know a work-around? I really can't afford two service subscriptions!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

:welcome to Satelliteguys tditterline!

That is a legacy ka/ku lnb, meaning it's not a swm type. The H25 receiver only works on a swm setup. You need to either get a swm type lnb, or get a swm8 or swm16 switch to use with that lnb. The swm lnb is the easier choice. You will need a power inserter, too, regardless of which path you take.

theres guides laying around the web as to how to hook up a SWM setup. its pretty simple. just make sure the power inserter is pointed the right way :).

if you do go the swm16 or swm8 route, use the 29v power inserter, if you go for the swm5 or swm3 lnb, use the 21v.

as an alternative, you can try giving D* a call and seeing if they can set up either an upgrade or service call. depends on how you word it and who'se taking your call as to what it ends up being.

Actually, a 29 volt power inserter can be used with a swm lnb, although the 21 is recommended.

Thank you all gentlemen.

I have found a great price for a new D* SWM LNB, the exact same model that is on my house (that works perfectly). It also comes with the same splitter and power inserter that are in my house.

they should be here in a week, and once I get them installed at camp, I'll let you know how it goes!

Reactions: raoul5788
FWI, having services at the same time at two different locations with one account is against DIRECTV® ToS

As long as you aren't using both at the same time it's not a big deal.

lots of people w/ D* have summer homes/RV's and the like. so long as there isnt an active box at both locations almost nobody will care.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)