H25 not working without Genie being on?!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Rockspy19

Original poster
Sep 13, 2013
Nc
I recently had a genie installed with a mini genie in one room and then an HD H25 in my kids room so that we could take it with is on vacation or my parents vacation house at the beach. I wanted to test this out so that I don't get 5 hours away and have a problem so I took the H25 to my friends house. We hooked it up with no other receivers being hooked up but it kept saying problem communicating with dish 771A. I bring the receiver back home and it works just fine. I decided to unplug the genie for experimentation and then get the 771a error on the h25. Why is my h25 not working without the genie being on and why would I need the genie for the h25 to work somewhere else? Thanks

Is your second location a swm install? The h25 is a swm only receiver and 771A is the old 775 code, which is problem communicating with dish. In english either the power inserter is not hooked up right or the install is not swm at all.

?I will confirm that the H25 in no way requires a genie to be installed, or have power to function. Sounds like either the power inserter is hooked up wrong or not there at all to me.

I recently had a genie installed with a mini genie in one room and then an HD H25 in my kids room so that we could take it with is on vacation or my parents vacation house at the beach. I wanted to test this out so that I don't get 5 hours away and have a problem so I took the H25 to my friends house. We hooked it up with no other receivers being hooked up but it kept saying problem communicating with dish 771A. I bring the receiver back home and it works just fine. I decided to unplug the genie for experimentation and then get the 771a error on the h25. Why is my h25 not working without the genie being on and why would I need the genie for the h25 to work somewhere else? Thanks

I agree

:welcome to Satelliteguys Rockspy19!

You are getting sage advice. You need a power inserter at the second location.

Your power inserter is probably pluged into the same power strip as the Genie. When you unpluged the Genie did you just unplug a power stip? Or possibly you have the genie as the trigger on a power strip, some of them have one of the sockets as the trigger to turn them on and off to save power.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)