h264 codec for Nicaragua channels on IS 805 @ 55.5W

Status
Please reply by conversation.

John Popper

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 11, 2009
Central Mexico
What codec pack would y'all recommend to get these channels, I get a strong signal but a dark screen while using intervideo/ffshow/divx on the DVBWorld

jp7zuq.jpg

Yes. Video is H.264 544 x 480i SD. Audio is AAC.

What website is that information from?

Yes. Video is H.264 544 x 480i SD. Audio is AAC.

What website is that information from?

Portal Exploradores de Satélites
Brazilian site in Portuguese, good info mainly about the Atlantic Birds

btw I installed CoreAVC and still nothing but a dark screen when using the DVBWorld software, however, when using DVBDream I do get a frozen image of the channel but nothing more and still no sound. I also tested using VLC and all I get is blurry video but at least this one has motion. I havent been able to test using DIVx codecs because for some reason DVBdream doesnt show me the DIVX option in the H264 preferences

Portal Exploradores de Satélites
Brazilian site in Portuguese, good info mainly about the Atlantic Birds

btw I installed CoreAVC and still nothing but a dark screen when using the DVBWorld software, however, when using DVBDream I do get a frozen image of the channel but nothing more and still no sound. I also tested using VLC and all I get is blurry video but at least this one has motion. I havent been able to test using DIVx codecs because for some reason DVBdream doesnt show me the DIVX option in the H264 preferences

Im portugues about you thanks for the Brasilian site.

I have not been able to get these channels, I've installed 3 different Codec packs and nothing, just a garbled video and no sound with the DVBWorld software nor DVBDream, heck I even tried rendering it via VLC and nothing

UPDATE:

I have finally been able to get normal video on these channels by rendering the video through the latest version of the freeware Media Player Classic, however I'm still getting no sound. It looks like these channels use some audio codec my laptop doesn't have, which according to VLC is the mp4a codec. I've been searching around but haven't found a reliable codec pack that has this mp4c codec, any ideas?

EDIT: I found out what the problem was, it was not a lack of the correct codec pack, it had to do with the PIDs, I had to manually enter the Audio PIDs on the DVBDream, this is the first time this has ever happened, which is why I was never gonna get any sound regardless of what codecs I installed, dumb me!

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts