Please reply by conversation.

wallyhts

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 24, 2008
As of June 30th (or around that date) we will no longer be able to authorize all the Starz/Encore premium movie channels and 4 of our basic channels (GAC, Sundance, The Word, ShopNBC).

Attachments

• H2H-April-2013.pdf
    411.3 KB · Views: 326
As of June 30th (or around that date) we will no longer be able to authorize all the Starz/Encore premium movie channels and 4 of our basic channels (GAC, Sundance, The Word, ShopNBC).

Yes, I received the notice today also.......

If the information I just got from programming Center doesn't change then this may be all the channels we will loose, and besides I didn't watch these anyway.

Yep sucks for people like you, in which all they sub to is starz. I wonder how long before more channels go away?

I'm not bothered about the loss of the movies, don't really watch 'em.

GAC I do watch, so am a bit miffed at that, but I'll cope.

My main stays are NBCSN, which they're finally doing some good things with, F1 and UK soccer (next year).

BBC America, not so much as I used to, but still in my favs.

And of course Discovery channels, if lose ID I might cry!

I mention this, so that if SRL are reading, I'm +1 for keeping their service running.

I'd like them to be able to activate other channels, even if I take responsibility for getting the box etc.

The consensus seems to be DCII is going away, but the other HITS feeds are DCII (prepares to be corrected), so IMO it's more about what our DSRs are capable of, stream wise and what SRL are allowed to auth.

I know some entrepreneurial types have got different DCII stbs to work, but not sure if that can ever be mainstream.

What I really don't understand, why can't Comcast auth whatever SRL pay for? It's annoying because we're paying, we're legit paying subbers, not your eye patch crowd :D

I've got a commercial DCII box, I know how to make it work, how to tune it. Imagine if TVs were managed the same way, of course that's not a subscription service, SMH

From what I know it's that they don't have a receiver, unless they can use a Shaw Direct dsr 600 or something like that then we basically have nothing.

Glen has some new info up on his site talking about this new receiver, if your scroll to the bottom he claims to know about these discussions http://www.cbandforeverstore.***********************.com/newreceiver.htm

He also has a link to a new site with powervu activation source or something like that.
http://www.rainiersatellite.com/

Also rumour has it that there mite be a ad on board or receiver coming out so we can sub to the s2 HITS stuff. I wonder if any of this stuff is true, I guess we will wait and see.

tdti1 said:
Glen has some new info up on his site talking about this new receiver, if your scroll to the bottom he claims to know about these discussions http://www.cbandforeverstore.***********************.com/newreceiver.htm

He also has a link to a new site with powervu activation source or something like that.
http://www.rainiersatellite.com/

Also rumour has it that there mite be a ad on board or receiver coming out so we can sub to the s2 HITS stuff. I wonder if any of this stuff is true, I guess we will wait and see.

That's awesome however I find it funny that he's talking about. Reason being is that If he was under an NDA agreement. Just my two cents and a poke he's made two websites now about this maybe we all should bust out our copy's of frontpage 97 and it will really happen.

I sure wish glen would encode more of the old VHS tapes he has.

In fact there's a feature length movie being made about the PowerVu Subscription Activation Center. Here's a test Ben Affleck did of a scene showing negotiations with a major broadcaster (in the script the network is called MacNeil -- remember this is Hollywood):

Last edited by a moderator:
This one is funny...

Legal Notice for those promoting these activities:
The new receiver and subscription programming for is a true fact and indeed happening. Neysayers are starting vicious rumors at some forums saying this isn't true, perpetrating slanderous claims, and promoting hate and discontent. The entities in power behind the new receiver project have been alerted of this type of activity by them. The activity of those sites have been noted and turned over to corporate legal to investigate their actions. These forum owners can be expected to be contacted through legal means if they continue this type of activity.

I invite their legal to contact me. :) No one at any forum has done nothing more then spoke their own opinion. Nothing illegal about that.

This is a pipe dream.

Don't be stupid... don't give Glen your money... his past speaks volumes about him. (My opinon of course) :D

The sad fact for us is if H2H end user subs die we don't have another option,so I'd really like it to be true.

That said, subscriptions are taking a lot longer to die than originally feared, I for one will remain grateful to those who kept it going.

The sad fact for us is if H2H end user subs die we don't have another option,so I'd really like it to be true.

That said, subscriptions are taking a lot longer to die than originally feared, I for one will remain grateful to those who kept it going.

I'm trying to figure out why the thought of loosing my subscription with H2H scares me. It's not being afraid of change or fearing another way. Even with a very limited choice of channels, I still prefer my big dish.
It could be the lack of problems and drama and rules and regulations and hidden fees with my subscription that don't come with other services.
I like the freedom of payment, how to pay, no background checks. You can have auto pay and the choice to cancel any time. If I don't pay, they shut me off and when I call to get it turned back on, there's never any hassle or threats. And it takes only a minute or two.
My local cable is blury, unreliable and I have to buy 150 channels just to get 6 that I like.
The small dish has a slightly better picture but so many expensive options and rules.

OTA is out asmy aerial antenna is 50 feet off the ground and I get 1 channel.
Roku and FTA are good. It's kinda cool to watch TV while sitting at work waiting for inspectors.

If the little dish would allow an a-lacarte, I would probably go that route. But for some reason, I don't think that's possible.

So if a new box is really in the works, I would be interested and would pay the price, but only if I could get most of the c-band channels back. But considering the source, I would definitely wait and make sure this isn't another scam. I would also wait to hear from a reputable source and reputable people.
But I find it odd that that if this new receiver is real, why would they have someone with such a lousy reputation advertise for them?

So if a new box is really in the works, I would be interested and would pay the price, but only if I could get most of the c-band channels back. But considering the source, I would definitely wait and make sure this isn't another scam. I would also wait to hear from a reputable source and reputable people.

I have seen Glen say in the past that this new box would probably cost more then $1,000. Would you pay that?

If you factor out Glen, and say it was from someone I would consider reputable, would you pay that much for just a receiver?

I don't know if I would considering it would only work on one TV, and due to the fact that I know the C Band industry and one channel you might be able to subscribe to today might not be there tomorrow, then I would be stuck with a $1,000 box that don't get me the channels I want to get.

But I find it odd that that if this new receiver is real, why would they have someone with such a lousy reputation advertise for them?
Agreed, he is banned from every FTA forum I know of and yet he still considers himself the savior of C Band Satellite. If this was real I do think they would want the support of the real Satellite communities and not trust their product to someone who is considered a liar and thief by many in the Satellite Community, myself included.

The switch is to s2 but still using the DCII encryption system, it's an upgrade to save on costs and pop up more HD. The 4d is just far to outdated to receive these channels.

I have seen Glen say in the past that this new box would probably cost more then $1,000. Would you pay that?

If you factor out Glen, and say it was from someone I would consider reputable, would you pay that much for just a receiver?

I don't know if I would considering it would only work on one TV, and due to the fact that I know the C Band industry and one channel you might be able to subscribe to today might not be there tomorrow, then I would be stuck with a $1,000 box that don't get me the channels I want to get.

Agreed, he is banned from every FTA forum I know of and yet he still considers himself the savior of C Band Satellite. If this was real I do think they would want the support of the real Satellite communities and not trust their product to someone who is considered a liar and thief by many in the Satellite Community, myself included.

I'd have to admit that's a lot of money. But, if the subscriptions outweighed the cost, it might be worth it. I paid $2,600.00 for my c-band set up in 1993 when cable was only $23.00 per month.
One TV is all we use. I have PS3 hooked up so we can watch movies and ROKU for Netflix and stuff. $35.00 for a season subscription through Amazon to 4 different season subscriptions. In a sense, that's roughly $140.00 for the entire year, and you can watch at your convenience on the Kindle, smart phone, the kid's XBox.
But here today and gone tomorrow scares me. That might stop me from purchasing that receiver for a grand, if it even exists. And the sales rep really scares me. Perhaps he'll donate the 1st 1000 boxes.

Reading the site disclaimer statement has my sides hurting from laughter! Thanks for sharing this gem! :D

Edit: Oops! I may be now be visited by his legal department for my slanderous remark... :kiss:
:facepalm

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)