H3 No Resume During Recording

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

az99

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 27, 2014
Is it me or did they remove the ability to resume watching while recording is in progress? I tried it multiple ways today and could not do it. The only way to resume was on a show that was finished recording.
This is one function of the H3 that is TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE. What is the sense of all those tuners if you have to watch just one game or race at a time?

Reactions: charlesrshell
Is it me or did they remove the ability to resume watching while recording is in progress? I tried it multiple ways today and could not do it. The only way to resume was on a show that was finished recording.
This is one function of the H3 that is TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE. What is the sense of all those tuners if you have to watch just one game or race at a time?

I watch 4 at a time using MultiView. :)

This is the way it has been with all of DISH's DVRs or at least since I joined in 2007. It has been one pain in the ass. There are no other DVRs in the market that I know of that have this issue.

This is the way it has been with all of DISH's DVRs or at least since I joined in 2007. It has been one pain in the ass. There are no other DVRs in the market that I know of that have this issue.
Not true with mine. I had 2 old Hoppers and the resume worked.

Multiview or PIP is not a substitute for being able to resume a show that is being recorded.

Not true with mine. I had 2 old Hoppers and the resume worked.
Nor with the 722 family of receivers, you just had to know the circumstances to make it work (which is in the other thread linked here).

For everyone that finds the no resume function unacceptable, please call Dish and complain. I talked to advanced tech support about 2 other issues they are supposed to be fixing. I asked about the resume and the guy said they have not had enough complaints to fix what he admitted was a short coming of the H3.

For everyone that finds the no resume function unacceptable, please call Dish and complain. I talked to advanced tech support about 2 other issues they are supposed to be fixing. I asked about the resume and the guy said they have not had enough complaints to fix what he admitted was a short coming of the H3.
I started suggesting to DISH with VIP722s back in September 2007 when I joined to fix this resume issue. Thru the years I let them know again couple of times a year. I think they are too busy with other problems. It's sad that DISH DVRs are the only DVRs with all the other company's that has this issue.

As a big sports fan I find the lack of resume on recordings still in progress on the Hopper 3 totally unacceptable. I also have complained about this to Dish by phone and by forum several times. And I don't know what the functionality was prior to me getting Dish in 2014 but since 2014 resuming a program that was still recording was possible on both the Hopper and Hopper with Sling. This functionality was only removed with the Hopper 3 and new UI. I keep hoping with each new software update they will fix it but it hasn't happened yet. And what really makes this unacceptable is that this was existing functionality that was removed. Plus with Dish showing time remaining rather then time played and the combination of not showing time played and no resume is a very bad combination for a sports fan who wants to switch between different games or other programming and come back. And if Dish forces the new UI to all hoppers before fixing this issue that would make Dish the only cable or satellite provider in the country that has a DVR in which it is not possible to resume a recording that is still in progress. As I have used DVRs from Direct TV, Time Warner, UVerse, Comcast and TiVo and ALL of them allow you to resume a program that is still recording.

I have read in other forums that Dish has an Executive Escalation team. Could someone from Dish please forward the request to restore the ability to resume recordings that are still in progress in the Carbon UI before forcing the update all hoppers to the Executive Escalation team. And please mention both that this is existing functionality in non Hopper 3 Dish DVRs and also that every other cable or satellite provider in the country has the capability in their DVRs to resume watching a recording that is still in progress.

As a big sports fan I find the lack of resume on recordings still in progress on the Hopper 3 totally unacceptable. I also have complained about this to Dish by phone and by forum several times. And I don't know what the functionality was prior to me getting Dish in 2014 but since 2014 resuming a program that was still recording was possible on both the Hopper and Hopper with Sling. This functionality was only removed with the Hopper 3 and new UI. I keep hoping with each new software update they will fix it but it hasn't happened yet. And what really makes this unacceptable is that this was existing functionality that was removed. Plus with Dish showing time remaining rather then time played and the combination of not showing time played and no resume is a very bad combination for a sports fan who wants to switch between different games or other programming and come back. And if Dish forces the new UI to all hoppers before fixing this issue that would make Dish the only cable or satellite provider in the country that has a DVR in which it is not possible to resume a recording that is still in progress. As I have used DVRs from Direct TV, Time Warner, UVerse, Comcast and TiVo and ALL of them allow you to resume a program that is still recording.

I have read in other forums that Dish has an Executive Escalation team. Could someone from Dish please forward the request to restore the ability to resume recordings that are still in progress in the Carbon UI before forcing the update all hoppers to the Executive Escalation team. And please mention both that this is existing functionality in non Hopper 3 Dish DVRs and also that every other cable or satellite provider in the country has the capability in their DVRs to resume watching a recording that is still in progress.
I guess you were lucky with your HWS resume issue. My HWSs the resume while still recording does not work if you pause and the recording is complete. Prior to that it did not work with my 722s and I also had a 625 DVR for a short time that didn't work. I sure hope DISH fixes the issue someday.

Reactions: DWS44
I guess you were lucky with your HWS resume issue. My HWSs the resume while still recording does not work if you pause and the recording is complete.
Try rewinding it about 30 seconds and then pause it. Mine would not work either if you went all the way to LIVE and then paused it. Just had to rewind a little and it would work.

Try rewinding it about 30 seconds and then pause it. Mine would not work either if you went all the way to LIVE and then paused it. Just had to rewind a little and it would work.
I don't understand what you are saying. This resume issue affects me mostly for racing programs. But also, sometimes we like to watch an hour long program that is still recording with no commercials. I think this resume issue is hard to explain so here is the scenario of the resume issue while still recording.

From My Recordings select a program to watch that is still recording. Pause the recording then switch to another previously recorded program or live TV to watch.

When you go back to the recording to watch and it is still recording the resume button is there.

If you go back to the recording to watch and the program has completed recording, the resume button is missing. You have to start at the beginning.

This happens with my HWSs, in the past VIP722s and 625 DVRs. I do not have Hopper 3s yet but from what has been posted it happens to them too. I have used DVRs from Charter, Direct TV, Verizon Fios, and TIVOs that do not have this resume issue. And from what has been posted in the past all other companies DVRs also do not have this resume issue.

Reactions: JSheridan
When you catch up to LIVE TV on the show you are watching that is still recording, just rewind it about 10-30 seconds and then pause it. When you come back to it the Resume should be there to select. That was what I found on our HWS.

When you catch up to LIVE TV on the show you are watching that is still recording, just rewind it about 10-30 seconds and then pause it. When you come back to it the Resume should be there to select. That was what I found on our HWS.
OK, thanks, understand what you are saying. I will try that out if or when I catch up to Live TV while still recording. But I have not ever caught up to Live TV in the past when I wish to pause while still recording.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)