H3 node question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

comfortably_numb

Dogs have owners, cats have staff
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 30, 2011
Kansas City / Las Vegas
When I first had my H3 installed, I had a 4K Joey installed in my bedroom. I've since sold the Joey and only have the H3. Do I still need to have the orange solo hub installed, or can I put an F-to-F barrel in the line and remove it?

91Sbh2txyEL._SL1500_.jpg

Just curious, why do they say we need it? Does it make expansion easier for techs when people want to add additional receivers in the future?

I've never heard an official reason other than it can be used as a ground block and like you said for future expansion. HipKat says he heard that it somehow blocks MoCA frequencies from the LNB or something like that.

I personally have done it here and have connected Hopper 3's for customers without a hub and they've all worked fine. The fact is that in a lot of installations a tap is more appropriate and is what we use. :)

I've never heard an official reason other than it can be used as a ground block and like you said for future expansion. HipKat says he heard that it somehow blocks MoCA frequencies from the LNB or something like that.

I personally have done it here and have connected Hopper 3's for customers without a hub and they've all worked fine. The fact is that in a lot of installations a tap is more appropriate and is what we use. :)
I read that on the tech forum on the portal this week - and now can't find it again, but I've installed a lot of stand alone Hoppers without a Hub and there was never a problem that I know of

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)