H3 Prob or ??

FWIW: I would disconnect the TV from your home network altogether. SmartTVs just spy on you anyway. If you want to stream stuff get a streaming box (Roku, FireTV, AppleTV, etc.), IMHO of course.

Well, Samsung and Vizio TVs have been documented as spying on you, while the others have not. I know Roku engineers, and I tend to trust them when they tell me they are not spying on me. Now, I should add the caveat that any time you use the voice controls, someone is probably listening and recording what you say. I do not use the voice controls personally. That said, I cannot be sure everything isn't spying, but I can be sure that certain things are.

Reactions: xfoneguy
This forum is spying on you, along with every other website you log into, every phone call you make, everything you buy with a Credit/Debit card, etc.....

Reactions: dweber and pattykay
Well, Samsung and Vizio TVs have been documented as spying on you, while the others have not. I know Roku engineers, and I tend to trust them when they tell me they are not spying on me. Now, I should add the caveat that any time you use the voice controls, someone is probably listening and recording what you say. I do not use the voice controls personally. That said, I cannot be sure everything isn't spying, but I can be sure that certain things are.

Attachments

• upload_2018-3-26_15-52-15.png
    upload_2018-3-26_15-52-15.png
    151 KB · Views: 107
Reactions: HipKat and pattykay
That article mentions built-in video cameras, but doesn't back up that claim at all. The only documented "spying" is through data collection on viewer habits and recording of commands for voice recognition. :rolleyes:

So, you better throw away that voice remote, Roku with voice app, Echo, Google Home or any other voice-interface system if you are so worried.

Reactions: Bobby
There were some TVs sold with cameras in them. Not sure any are sold that way today. I’d think that would be a negative.

On edit: From 2012/13 Samsung 8000 and 9000 series, 4 models in each. LG 55LA8600 and 60LA8600. Samsung UN65JS9500.

Useful for Skype. I can see that.

Look into “Weeping Angel.”

Last edited:
Reactions: ncted
But no documented accounts of those cameras "spying". Only from theorists.

But no documented accounts of those cameras "spying". Only from theorists.

Absolutely there is proof. Google Weeping Angel and CIA. Or go to The Verge and look. Swing a dead cat and hit a dozen links. Some claim it may not have been deployed, others believe it was.

Thank, or blame, Wikileaks.

Reactions: ncted

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts